Combined Insurance MPCI Underwriter II in United States
Perform in-depth underwriting and processing functions and/or assist in coordinating the work activities of the MPCI department.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audits and processes complex and difficult policy files.
- Supervises and coordinates the work activities of underwriters and other MPCI department personnel as necessary.
- Trains employees on underwriting rules and procedures for entering data into computer policy processing system as necessary.
- Provides input to MPCI Supervisor and Senior MPCI Underwriter on work performance of assigned employees as necessary.
- Assists MPCI Supervisor and/or Senior MPCI Underwriter to analyze and resolve work problems and assist staff in solving problems.
- Monitors work output to ensure that processing deadlines are met.
- Communicates by phone and mail to answer questions from agents, field personnel, FSA county offices, policyholders and underwriters.
- Examines insurance documents such as applications, production reports, acreage reports, and applies underwriting rules.
- Analyze data and updates records.
- Audits outgoing reports and policy forms for accuracy.
- Assists with other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of MPCI program and specialty programs and the applicable underwriting rules and procedures.
- Ability to positively direct the work of others, including the ability to make and communicate work assignments and resolve issues affecting staff members.
- Ability to train current employees about process changes and job tasks.
- Ability to comprehend agents’ questions and concerns over the telephone and to provide correct, courteous answers.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with company personnel, outside resources and customers.
- Ability to apply company terminology, procedures, and systems.
- Ability to learn and develop skills in the use of department equipment.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.
Title: MPCI Underwriter II
Requisition ID: 334872