Combined Insurance NBS Private/NFP Underwriter in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb’s Financial Lines division offers management liability and professional liability insurance products to companies in a broad variety of industries in the not-for-profit, privately held and public company sectors. Our unit is built upon strong underwriting expertise, market stability and capacity, exceptional claims service, financial strength and a wide array of product offerings.
This position supports the achievement of established new business goals related to profitable growth, customer service, while maintaining producer relationships within Chubb’s Underwriting Service Branch (USB). Key functions include triaging, underwriting, and servicing Private/Not-For-Profit (PNP) new business accounts within the Small Commercial and Commercial market classes.
The NBS underwriter works in conjunction with local branch counterparts to execute profitable underwriting strategies and build strong customer relationships in accordance with Financial Lines goals. The underwriting function is based on analysis of appropriate account information, compliance with underwriting guidance, and developing strategies to help mitigate claim exposure. The underwriter will also be responsible for negotiations, efficient desk management, relationship building, and closing new business opportunities utilizing various sales techniques.
Major responsibilities, knowledge and skills for this role are outlined below:
· Strong analytical skills with proven aptitude in making expedient, sound, and thoughtful decisions.
· Demonstrate strong underwriting quality and profitability through appropriate risk selection and documentation
· Solid time management and efficiency; including organizing, multi-tasking, and prioritizing.
· Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to pivot between team and individual goals.
· Demonstrated success in sales, marketing and negotiation.
· Ability to establish and cultivate meaningful relationships with both internal and external partners.
· Consistent and positive track record of service orientation is required.
· Strong computer proficiency and capability to produce tangible results in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· An ideal candidate will have 2 years of Management Liability underwriting experience within the Private/Not-For-Profit market segment.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent is preferred.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: NBS Private/NFP Underwriter
Requisition ID: 318682