Vinnell Arabia Principal Trainer, ELTS (AVN) in United States
Acts as executive assistant for the Chief, ELTS. Teaches English language, provides Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) instruction and guidance, and conducts basic automation training classes. Ensures proper training standards are maintained.
- Develops and maintains supplementary learning materials.
- Prepares training schedules.
- Monitors operations of language lab and equipment.
- Ensures a proper supply of classroom texts.
- Teaches classes as directed by the Supervisor.
- Counsels students and instructors.
- Examines, studies, reports, and recommends adoption of new English training systems and technologies for the MNG training process.
- Provides input for the development of training-related programs.
- Reviews all US resumes, conducts interviews, and tracks employee candidates through the hiring process.
- Sponsors new employees, orienting them to both Vinnell and ELTS.
- Substitutes for the Chief, ELTS.
- Provides Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) instructions and guidance.
- Acts as test control officer, to include: Scheduling lab periods for tests, assigning instructor monitors, administrating of tests in accordance with established procedures, and distributing grade sheets to instructors.
- Teaches basic automation training using MS Office Suite to trainees who have passed the English Comprehensive Level test the first time. Included are basic instruction on the use of electronic mail and sample Defense Language Institute (DLI) instructional CD.
- Performs other mission or administrative-related duties as required or assigned.
B. Supervisory Responsibilities: Substitutes for Chief, ELTS and supervises ten ELTS Instructors.
A. Education Level: Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in English Language education or TEFL will be considered.
B. Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience teaching English, or equivalent combination of education, teaching, and administrative experience in public or private education in adult training programs.
C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability requirements: Skill in working with students, teachers, and administrators; skill in using language labs and equipment; skill in using SMART Boards; native speaker of the American language with degrees from American universities. Must be computer literate and proficient with Microsoft Office Professional software.
Category: English Language Training Section