Combined Insurance Property & Casualty Underwriter in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
A. *TITLE: Property & Casualty Underwriter*
Westchester, a Chubb company, is currently seeking a highly motivated and outgoing business professional to join the organization in an underwriting position. This individual will primarily be responsible for production within the Westchester Binding unit, specifically focused on underwriting the Foreign Package and Binding P&C products for small to medium-sized businesses. This exciting and fast-paced opportunity will allow the individual to improve their underwriting skills, expand their industry knowledge and further develop their marketing abilities while working on a diverse risk portfolio with key wholesale brokers.
B. *_ KEY OBJECTIVES:_*
Key objectives include understanding and managing risks, contributing proportionately to production goals, meeting or exceeding business unit service standards, building or improving trading partner relationships, demonstrating sound underwriting discipline and displaying a “can do” attitude.
C. *_ MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:_*
Duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
· Ownership and management of production within assigned underwriting territory(ies)
· Solicit new business opportunities and retain renewal policies from assigned brokers
· Execute on key individual and business unit performance goals
· Create, maintain and improve broker relationships through excellent customer service
· Reply to all inquiries within a 24 hour period
· Utilize “Underwriter Best Practices” as a guide to prioritize business unit objectives and execute on underwriting fundamentals
· Promote visibility of Westchester Binding products through marketing efforts, industry events and networking opportunities
D. *MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS*
· 3 - 5 years underwriting experience, preferably with a focus on commercial package property and casualty
· Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Risk Management
E. _DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS___
· Insurance industry designation, such as CPCU or ARM
· Comprehensive understanding of insurance industry including in-depth knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
· Strong negotiation, marketing and problem-solving skills
· Highly capable of prioritizing and multi-tasking
· Outstanding oral, presentation, and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
F. _ADDITIONAL INFORMATION___
· Travel Percentage: 10% - 15%
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Property & Casualty Underwriter
Requisition ID: 323821