Combined Insurance Risk Consultant in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb offers a comprehensive and customized approach to managing risk and reducing vulnerabilities. Our innovative personal insurance products and services are designed to help limit threats to the personal wealth and well-being of our high net worth customers and their families.
*What you’ll be doing:
Our Risk Consultants have a unique opportunity to conduct on-site inspections of some of the most architecturally significant residential properties in the country. During these visits you will be expected to identify and assess policyholder vulnerability to a variety of threats and then develop a customized plan for reducing the potential for loss. Additionally, you’ll be evaluating all structures on the property and establishing a pre-loss estimate for replicating their features. It’s not uncommon for consultants to be entrusted with assessing replacement values in excess of $5 million.
As a consultant, you will be expected to conduct a specified number of inspections each month and to routinely contribute to the profitability of the business. You’ll balance this productivity with adherence to time service and product quality measurements. You will also serve as a technical resource for our underwriting team on a range of personal security, loss prevention and collections management issues. This expertise is conveyed to our policyholders and agents on-site and through successful execution of our personalized risk engineering and consultative based reporting services after each visit.
As a Risk Consultant you will be entrusted with immediate authority, work autonomously, and be directly accountable for your work product, all within the framework of a rapidly growing organization. The territory consists mostly of the New York City metropolitan area.
What you need to be successful:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in architecture, engineering or residential appraisal.
- A minimum of 2 years of home inspection experience working for a Personal Lines Insurance carrier or a minimum of 3 years of experience with structural valuation, residential construction, residential appraising or property claims.
- Strong knowledge of the property and casualty insurance risk control and loss prevention analysis; home inspection process; international and local business construction codes; and construction quality, architecture and craftsmanship.
- An ability to develop and deliver strategic, tailored risk management solutions
- Project management, and strong oral communication and technical writing skills which are adaptable for multiple audiences.
- Experience interacting directly with customers and/or insurance agents.
- An ability to work under deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Effective time management skills, able to prioritize and manage inspection workloads, including flexible considerations for key accounts.
- Recognize and evaluate local/regional building cost trends within a given marketplace.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with working knowledge of Sharepoint and Apex.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Risk Control
Title: Risk Consultant
Requisition ID: 317791