Combined Insurance Senior Assistant Actuary in United States
This position will be based in Whitehouse Station NJ and support Chubb’s Personal Risk Services – Auto/XS/Rec Marine Section of the Actuarial Department. This group is responsible for providing the financial analysis necessary for Chubb to sustain profitability and maintain a competitive position within the personal lines market. Expect significant interaction with Product, State Filings, and IT, as well as contact with our Corporate actuaries, Underwriting, and Claims.
The major duties and responsibilities of this position include:
• Providing pricing support for PRS product lines with particular emphasis on Auto.
• Analyzing the profitability of these product lines and working closely with product managers to identify trends in the business and to develop appropriate strategies.
• Developing appropriate rating plans and providing actuarial support for rate filings that may be required.
• Contributing to the improvement, creation, and/or implementation of processes to expand capabilities, improve efficiency, and enhance effectiveness.
• 5 years of P/C actuarial experience.
• ACAS preferred
• Demonstrates proficiency with actuarial pricing, reserving, or modeling.
• Strong analytical skills. • Strong organizational skills. • Effective written and oral communication skills. • Responsive to service needs and operational demands. • Produces accurate work products in a timely manner. • Self-confident and objective. • Proficient in Excel; knowledge of SAS, R, or Python a plus.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
Title: Senior Assistant Actuary
Requisition ID: 334705