Vinnell Arabia Senior COMMEL Repairman in United States
Provides Direct Support (DS)/General Support (GS) level maintenance for COMMEL/navigational equipment installed in Contractor and OPM vehicles, or at fixed site locations, throughout the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Performs DS/GS level maintenance on various COMMEL, Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) equipment including; GE, Ericsson, Motorola, Harris and Garmin brands
- Installs, performs preventive/corrective maintenance radio systems installed in vehicles.
- Installs, performs preventive/corrective maintenance on base stations, repeaters, and associated antenna systems
- Installs, performs preventive/corrective maintenance on navigational and global position finding equipment.
- Installs, performs preventative/corrective maintenance on HF radio system, NVIS antenna, and base station equipment.
- Maintains records of work accomplished.
- Performs other mission-essential tasks.
- Performs malfunction diagnostic testing to determine required repairs.
- Determines repair parts requirements, orders parts as necessary.
- Recommends disposal of uneconomically repairable equipment.
B. Independence: Works under the supervision of the Chief, Communications & Electronics Branch.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Three (3) personnel.
A. Education Level: High School. U.S. Military Signal/Electronic Technical training.
B. Experience: Four (4) years’ experience in DS level electronic maintenance and repair of electronics equipment such as; GE, Ericsson, & Motorola Radios, and Garmin navigational equipment.
*C. Specific knowledge, skill, and ability, requirements: *Knowledge of test equipment and tools used in the construction, installation, maintenance and repair of communications systems and other associated electronic equipment. Knowledge of the functional use of a variety of equipment, specifically; GE and Ericsson mobile radios, Harris HF radio systems, and a variety of Motorola products including; mobile/portable radios, base stations, repeaters, digital encryption, and programming. Knowledgeable of antenna systems and their proper installation and maintenance. Knowledge of electronic blueprints, schematics, and drawings. Ability to use English language technical manuals and supply catalogs. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Category: Logistics and Maintenance Training