IBM SOC Consultant Global Security Practice in United States
The consultants in the global security services practice are advisors and management consultants who can speak about the entire security landscape with a client’s senior management or executive team. The consultants should have depth of knowledge and experience in one of the core security domains (Security Strategy Risk and Compliance; Identity and Access Management; SOC Operations; Application and Data; Infrastructure Endpoint and Mobile Security) and should be able to speak across the landscape as well. The consultants will provide subject matter expertise in the form of briefings, workshops, and/or consulting engagements within their domain that assess a client’s security capabilities as well as recommending solutions to enhance a client’s overall security capabilities. Such client security capabilities may involve policy, process, technology, or organizational areas. Consultants will identify gaps in the current environment and recommend best practices or solutions to reduce client risk and increase their ability to deal with emerging threats and risks to the organization.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to lead large groups and be a primary facilitator
• Strong writing skills
• Comfortable working in a project based / client serving model
• Lead and shape client expectations
• Engage in complex deals and match outcomes to client expectations.
• Drive client pursuits and engage in complex deals
• Ability to work with global and diverse teams in a dynamic environment
• Ability to work in a matrix management model
• The ability to travel and adapt to other cultures
Security Domain Skills – Security Optimization Consulting
• Depth of knowledge in Identity and Access Management
• Knowledge of governance of development processes
• Understanding of compliance issues and industry standards frameworks (eg, ISO 27001/2)
• Working understanding of technology used to monitor logs
• A solid understanding of processes involved in prioritization, escalation, and management of security incidents.
• An understanding of security technologies such as; firewalls, intrusion detection, content filtering, anti-virus, mobile security, data loss prevention, bot-net detection, and other such technologies in the security industry.
• Advise on security incident handling and management programs
• Short term management of a security operation center
• Experience in the setup or design of security operation centers
• Implement SIEM technology and advise on best practices
The successful consultant will be internal advisor to other IBM consultants and client teams. The consultant will assist in pre-sales, sales, closure, and then organizing the delivery of security operation consulting services with local teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 5 years’ experience in management consulting and systems integration or Managed Security Services in a top tier professional services firm
At least 3 years’ experience working in projects related to Security Optimization Consulting
Experience working across diverse teams to facilitate solutions
Experience working with Security practitioners
Readiness to travel 50-75%
Fluency in English
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
At least 3 years’ experience in working with security consulting teams
At least 1 years’ experience in working in international deployment roles
At least 8 years’ experience in management
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.