Combined Insurance Sr. Business Analyst - Duck Creek in United States
The Sr. Business Analyst (Duck Creek) is responsible for working in partnership with business stakeholders to understand the business need, define/elaborate the scope, document business requirements and ensure business validation. This role will collaborate with IT teams to implement business requirements through project initiatives and maintenance sprints to enable the business to drive revenue growth and/or maintain compliance.
The Sr. Business Analyst will:
- Partner with business leadership to understand business needs and implement prioritized business initiatives.
- Document high level scope used by development to estimate work effort required for new project initiatives to be presented to senior leadership for governance approval.
- Manage business expectations through prioritization, requirements, user acceptance testing and transparent communication.
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and IT employees and vendor partners to deliver business commitments.
- Collaborate with multiple vendor partners to analyze requirements, appropriately distribute tasks and track progress in order to deliver high-quality products on-time and within budget.
- Champion the needs of the business and work with other BAs to line up prioritized defect fixes and small enhancements/changes in maintenance sprints.
- Conduct business stakeholder meetings and requirement gathering sessions to construct workflow diagrams and write detail specifications through iterative design.
- Work with BAs, development and testing teams to provide clarifications on requirements or issues during implementation.
- Take leadership on initiatives and collaborate with the project manager to drive projects forward.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies and participate in designing innovative, cutting edge software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, other related field or equivalent work experience.**
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience in a comparable role.
- Minimum of 3 years in P&C insurance and strong knowledge of the end-to-end policy life cycle.
- Background with policy admin system portfolio implementation experience, Duck Creek required.
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodology and Scrum are desirable.
- Ability to lead people and create a sense of team in order to deliver business objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with all team members including business stakeholders and IT team members.
- Highly self-motivated, organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task on critical initiatives.
- Models Chubb values; demonstrates high integrity; meets commitments.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and accountability; sets priorities and acts on key issues.
- Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. /Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Sr. Business Analyst - Duck Creek
Requisition ID: 330865
Other Locations: USA-New Jersey-Whitehouse Station