Combined Insurance Sr Claims Specialist in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Chubb is seeking a Senior Claims Specialist for our Medical Risk Claim team.
Position Responsibilities:· Manage medical malpractice claims across multiple jurisdictions with some relevant experience handling nursing home facility or long-term care claims. · Analyze and address coverage issues timely and accurately under multiple policy contracts. · Use knowledge of claim investigations, litigation, insurance contracts and industry contracts. · Promptly and properly develop the facts of a claim through a comprehensive investigation, accurate documentation, and prompt contact with all knowledgeable parties. · Maintain well documented and articulate file notes able to be read and understood by not only the claim team, but also agents and customers. · Evaluate complex damages, liability exposures. · Set accurate and timely reserves. · Advanced skills managing complex file; including mass torts. · Direct control of the litigation management process and expenses. · Proactively manage a claim inventory and effectively negotiate cases to an acceptable resolution under moderate supervision. · Present cases and regularly share expertise through the claim committee process. · Encourage others to develop their technical skills through everyday interactions within the business unit and in support of strong team results. · Recognize potential fraud and third party contribution issues and handle as appropriate. · Adhere to all statutory regulations and Unfair Claim Practices Acts.
*Preferred that qualified candidates have 3-5 years of experience handling medical malpractice claims. *
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Articulate in both written and oral communication.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver high caliber customer claim service to a sophisticated client base.
- Advanced negotiation skills.
- Advanced knowledge and attention to detail in insurance coverage and contracts, in investigating moderate to severe complex claims, as well as setting timely and accurate reserves.
- Proficient in organizational skills to manage own claim inventory under moderate supervision.
- The ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships with a wide spectrum of people, internally and externally.
- Regularly shares expertise and provides constructive feedback in a team environment.
- Must obtain and maintain necessary licenses.
- Some travel may be required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- JD preferred but not required
- Preferred that qualified candidates have 3-5 years of experience handling medical malpractice claims.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Sr Claims Specialist
Requisition ID: 333570