Combined Insurance Sr Underwriter - Commercial Insurance in United States
Senior Underwriter - Commercial Insurance /Kansas City Branch - Overland Park, KS/
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
/Primary responsibilities include:/
* Drive financial performance of a middle market and financial institutions commercial book of business comprised of package, umbrella, auto, errors & omissions, and worker’s compensation.
* With the support of an Underwriter Associate, manage a renewal portfolio of approximately $7,000,000 and produce new business of $1,500,000.
* Manage key account relationships, and services, with agent, customer, claims and risk engineering.
* Drive strong results with key agents such as Lockton, IMA, Truss, Willis, Hays, Thomas MCGee and Gallagher * Build and sustain a strong prospect pipeline * Account solicitation, risk selection and analysis, pricing and sales. Meet with new and renewal customers and agents/brokers to negotiate coverage, price, financial terms and service delivery. * Co-travel with colleagues to sell the total Chubb offering and advantages * Meet or exceed financial goals including growth, profit, retention, and new business. * Work collaboratively and effectively with a team of underwriters, underwriting associates, customer service representatives, claim examiners, and loss control representatives * Collaborate on various project teams that drive Branch visibility, Prospecting, Growth and/or Retention / / /Required Skills:/ Candidates must possess the following required skills in order to be considered for this position: * Minimum of five years of commercial middle market underwriting experience. * Proven ability in complex account analysis, prioritization, organization and detail orientation. * Demonstrate strong underwriting skills in property, products & premises liability, umbrella, auto, worker’s compensation, and/or international coverages. * Strength in exposure and control risk analysis is essential with a deep understanding of property, products liability, and worker’s compensation * Proven track record of building strong business relationships with agents and insureds. * Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills * Proficiency in sales, marketing, and negotiation. * Ability to work both independently and within a team environment using multiple internal and external resources appropriately, effectively, and efficiently. * Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other business-related software. * The aptitude to attract and retain profitable business is essential.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experienceChubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website athttp://www.new.chubb.com.
/In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to//Chubb’s Careers//website//to apply for the position(s) of interest and complete an online application. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb’s policy./
Title: Sr Underwriter - Commercial Insurance
Requisition ID: 325822