Combined Insurance Sr Underwriter in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Responsible for the underwriting of Corporate Accident and Sickness business with a focus on multinational clients to ensure profitable growth goals are achieved within Corporate underwriting standards.
Opportunity to Make An Impact:· Position will liaise with Producers and internal partners to underwrite, service and develop new and renewal business. Many clients and producers will be some of the largest and most critical Chubb accounts requiring cutting edge solutions and the highest level of service.** · Will also innovate and drive initiatives that sustain the future profitable growth of the business.** · Chubb is looking for an individual who is excited about growing their career in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment. The position’s scope has the opportunity to grow based on results of the underwriter’s portfolio.**
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Underwrite new and renewal Corporate accident and health business with focus on Business Travel Accident, Out of Country Medical and Group Personal Accident products.
Maintain performance and process standards including underwriting authority and audit requirements as well as customer service standards.
Maintain underwriting information in relevant management information systems.
Coordinate compliance issues and review of marketing materials and brochures with Compliance department.
Work in partnership with the producer, client, Chubb Global Services and the Chubb Global Network to ensure that local programs are implemented and operate consistently with highest Chubb and client expectations.
Work as a partner with Multinational Management and Business Development to generate new business revenues by developing prospects, visiting producers, participating in presentations.
Partner with Multinational Management to foster a constructive working relationship with all internal partners (regional operations, compliance, marketing, policy issuance, sales and claims) through day-to-day contact.
Collaborate with Multinational management to monitor and manage your portfolio of business against growth and profitability goals. Prepare business plans, portfolio management strategies, and marketing strategies to meet establish business goals.
Innovate and advise on product and process improvements that are necessary to drive the business forward; contribute to culture of collaboration and constant improvement.
- 5 to 7 years of Accident and Health or other relevant underwriting experience specific to this discipline
- Experience underwriting Business Travel Accident, Out of Country Medical, Basic AD&D, Voluntary AD&D, Scholastic Medical, or multinational insurance generally is a plus.
- College graduate—business, finance, or risk management major preferred.
- Self-starter; have superb analytic skills and persuasive written and spoken communication ability.
- Creativity and tenacity, ability to work as part of a team, and a goal orientation are critical.
- Strong marketing, communication and negotiation skills.
- Proven analytical ability to evaluate and judge underwriting risks.
- Ability to multi-task and handle divisional objectives as requested.
- Proven ability to provide direction, technical guidance and developmental opportunities to promote team excellence and achieve business goals.
- Ability to work within a dynamic and challenging environment—handle multiple priorities—often under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated interest in working with and developing effective relationships on a global basis.
- Ability to adapt effectively with varying market conditions, responsibilities and people in a changing environment.
- Strong sense of responsibility for one’s actions and work.
- Travel within regions; 10-15%
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access).
/Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./ / / Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Sr Underwriter
Requisition ID: 328605
Other Locations: USA-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia, USA-New Jersey-Whitehouse Station, USA-Delaware-Wilmington