Combined Insurance Sr. Underwriting Assistant - Global Casualty Domestic in United States
To provide technical Underwriting and administrative support for assigned complex National Accounts while adhering to published National service standards. Lines of coverage: Workers Compensation, General Liability, Auto Liability.Program Structures: Loss Sensitive/ Guaranteed Cost
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in Pre renewal strategy discussion on all assigned renewals. Review renewal & new business submissions for completeness. Reach out to broker for missing information in tandem with Underwriter
- Send renewal letters to brokers for upcoming accounts, request policy numbers.
- Identify proper forms and endorsements used in go forward renewal policy construction in tandem with Underwriter.
- Complete and submit accurate Rating instructions for workers’ compensation, general liability and automobile liability lines of business to processing center. Review for accuracy.
- Process Auto UM/UIM forms, Auto DMV reporting, WC Posting notices, Auto Filings, & Workers Compensation CAT & Industrial Aircraft models. Pull and save audits. Complete comparisons Year over year with various tools.
- Follow up for missing information and process and submit policy issuance instructions on behalf of Underwriter for both Domestic and incidental Foreign Casualty. Interface with processing center to ensure all questions addressed to ensure proper quality work product. Review policies upon receipt for accuracy, submit corrections and ensure policy delivery to brokers.
- Request rates, reports, and other information from various State bureaus. Mail off Notices of elections to specific States.
- Submit endorsement requests to processing center
- Process WC Bureau Criticisms and submit endorsements requests as needed. Work closely with States and internal and external trading partners to bring about conclusion in a timely fashion particularly if fine bearing.
- Maintain service standards for all above transactions; by timely response to broker requests and timely receipt of underwriting information.
- Communicate with all levels of employees to include, but not limited to, producers and internal personnel to confirm or obtain data needed for policy issuance and servicing.
- Properly document all files within established due dates. Ability to effectively manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Provide technical underwriting & Training Support for underwriting teams. Participate in Broker visits, or Mid Term Stewardship meetings at Underwriter recommendation. Handle special projects as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* 3 years of insurance experience preferably in a National accounts setting;
* Strong data entry and computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and various internal programs.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: * Solid understanding of insurance terminology and utilization of various systems (example: Silver Plume, NCCI, ISO, IRMI). * Takes an organized and logical approach to thinking through problems and complex issues * Demonstrates a desire and capacity to expand expertise, develop new skills and grow professionally. * Willingly does more than is required or expected in the job * Ability to re-direct personal efforts in response to changing circumstances * Effectively executes on plans, drives for results and takes accountability for outcomes. * Upholds and models Chubb values and always does the right thing for the company, colleagues and customers.
Title: Sr. Underwriting Assistant - Global Casualty Domestic
Requisition ID: 320592