Vinnell Arabia Strategic Planner in United States
Strategic planning is the process of setting a vision for a company and then realizing that vision through small, achievable goals. Prospective candidates for this position must be able to formulate strategies and suggest changes or improvements to current business plans, policies, and procedures. Able to generate feasible recommendations to the management on how to optimize near-term growth while establishing the long-term direction of our company. Assess the company’s environment and resources, defining the mission and vision, identifying priorities and objectives. Strategic Planner develops business plans that support and introduce solutions for key issues that impact the company and its workforce. In conjunction with Vinnell Leadership/Directors he conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities. Evaluates the operational effectiveness of the entire workforce, focused on contract growth opportunities.
Provides support to the Director of Operations (DOO), performing market-analysis and monitoring industry trends, identifies and assesses strategic issues, facilitates strategic discussion, and manages strategic initiatives.
Develops and matures key aspects of Vinnell’ s business growth strategy, works to position the company for success as well as internal and external expansion.
Collaborates with the DOO team to define project objectives, sets key performance metrics, and establishes project milestone criteria.
Conducts research, stakeholder interviews, brainstorming sessions and functionality workshops.
Performs competitive analysis focused on identifying gaps and opportunities within the current contract as well as adjacent market-space.
Assembles strategic insights into presentation materials.
Keeps abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies that may have interest in this market-space.
Act as an internal resource, championing Vinnell’s performance / value proposition to the customer.
Selects appropriate frameworks, tools and approaches to use in solving business growth problems.
Demonstrates domain knowledge and expertise in a range of skills, such as business model development, financial modeling, product portfolio planning, organizational strategy, channel and go-to-market models, customer / market research etc.
Manages consulting subcontracts.
A. Education Level:
- Required: bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, marketing, finance, or science.
- Preferred: MBA/Master’s or DoD War College Graduate
- Former industry experience with two or more years of technology consulting experience. Previous military experience at the rank of LTCOL or above a plus.
- Strong project management and leadership skills; the ability to organize and drive projects with diverse stakeholders to timely completion
- Strong orientation toward achieving results, attention to detail, and proven ability to drive toward long-term goals. Experience leading or assisting with major process redesign initiatives, from definition through implementation and change management
- Experience documenting business requirements and coordinating development of new and enhanced systems.
C. Specific knowledge, skills, ability:
- This position involves managing a wide variety of tasks and ability to work within a team environment. The strategic planner should have a strong knowledge of planning concepts, practices, and procedures. He must have good judgment skills, which are needed for accomplishing strategic goals. He should also have excellent analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and a firm grasp of economics, financial analysis, market research and mathematics.
- Project Management: Ability to develop, coordinate, prepare, and help implement project plans to support Vinnell’s initiatives designed to improve operations and customer service. Successful candidate needs to be able to establish and adhere to project timelines, outline resources required for successful implementation of initiatives, and monitor results to ensure goals are met. PmP Certification a plus
- Process Redesign / Operational Strategy / Improvement: Successful candidate must be able to develop, implement and coordinate strategies and operational enhancements aimed toward ensuring that key Vinnell Business Units (BU’s) deliver high-impact services to customers
- Able to perform analyses to identify points of commonality of process and data use across the company – investigates ways to leverage solutions so that the entire company benefits from redesign activities
Category: Management and Business Support activities