Combined Insurance Subrogation Attorney in United States
Chubb’s New York City House Counsel firm, Eustace, Marquez, Epstein, Prezioso & Yapchanyk, seeks an experienced and effective Subrogation Recovery litigator to
work within the firm’s Subrogation Practice Unit.
As a member of Chubb’s New York City House Counsel firm, this attorney will be responsible for investigating, negotiating and litigating subrogation recovery claims for the Chubb’s Recovery Claim Units and Claim Service Centers, in State and Federal Courts in New York State, with prospects for doing so in neighboring states, depending on the practice’s development. Specific duties will include investigation of first party losses for purposes of evaluating liability and recoverable damages, consulting with liability experts in the course of investigation/evaluation, conducting and prosecuting depositions, engaging in pre-trial discovery, drafting pleadings, engaging in motion practice, trials of subrogation cases, legal research, settlement negotiation, compliance with protocols for furnishing formal evaluation reports to the Recovery Claim Unit.
The successful candidate must be an attorney licensed to practice before New York's State and Federal Courts, should possess 5 years of demonstrated success in litigating a wide range of New York tort matters, and should possess the professional stature and business acumen needed to be a productive member of the firm.
The successful candidate should also possess:
• Experience litigating subrogation, product liability and/or technical subject matters, typically involving expert witness development.
• Strong knowledge of New York procedural and substantive law, as well as New York Federal Court practice.
• Expertise in utilizing discovery and investigative devices and techniques
• Expertise conducting/defending depositions in technical subject matter litigation
• Advanced research and writing ability, with successful summary judgment and/or appellate advocacy
• Experience and/or aptitude/enthusiasm for trial work as needed,
• Business acumen to collaborate with, and meet the business objectives of, the Recovery Claim unit;
• Conversance with property insurance policy terms;
• Conversance with interpretation and application of leases, vendor agreements, construction agreement, etc.
• Excellent negation skills;
• Ability to apply analytical skills in addressing complex legal issues.
• Ability and enthusiasm for customer service; proactive communicate with clients, Claims staff and other members of House Counsel.
Title: Subrogation Attorney
Requisition ID: 322074