CSX System Production Teams Supervisor Talent Pool in United States
Title: System Production Teams Supervisor Talent Pool
Location: United States
Other Locations: United States-TN-Nashville, United States-PA-Pittsburgh, United States-FL-Jacksonville, United States-OH-Cincinnati, United States-NY-SELKIRK
Job Number: 046575
Are you interested in being a part of one of America's most essential, industry-leading transportation companies? CSX is a Fortune 250 company seeking to identify future candidates with skills and experience for frequent critical-need positions throughout our network. This is a pipeline requisition and may not represent a current opening. Future openings will require frequent travel across the entire CSX network. Our System Production Team Supervisors are front line supervisors to our union workforce who install, inspect, maintain railroad track and maintain right-of-way. We are looking for analytical, intellectually curious, detail-oriented, driven individuals with strong communication skills.
all aspects of safety within area of responsibility on a specified Rail or Tie
team. Directly supervises and develops System Production forces to ensure
quality maintenance and safe work performance. Manages the installation of
track components and ensures quality meets standards. Applies CSX quality and
Maintenance of Way Instruction (MWI) standards as it relates to their task or
team. Monitors the daily operation of assigned team according to system plan
(grid) with the ability to make changes as needed in the scheduled work.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Manage for steady improvement in safety of all engineering forces and conduct safety, Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), and rules classes.
- Plan manpower and equipment according to defined business objectives
- Inspect production team work and track construction projects to ensure quality compliance
- Conduct efficiency and operational testing
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager
- Bachelor's Degree and one or more years of supervisory experience in track maintenance.
Equivalent Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED and 3 or more years of supervisory experience in track maintenance
- Bachelor's Degree/4-year Degree
- 2 or more years of supervisory experience in track maintenance
Knowledge and Skills
- Microsoft Office skills (especially Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Engineering and Construction knowledge
- Railroad industry knowledge
- Knowledge of FRA standards
- Knowledge of basic track maintenance
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- People leadership skills
The CSX Leadership Model is the foundation of our Talent Strategy and is what drives CSX performance. CSX accordingly selects and develops talent based on each of the following: producing results, creating change, and inspiring excellence.
- Different shifts as assigned in a 24 hour/7 days a week operation (including working weekends)
- May be required to complete a background check
- Wear protective equipment (such as welding shields, hard hat, hearing protection)
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)
- On the road as often as possible within assigned territory. Will require travel across the entire CSX network.
Guided by a policy of ensuring the safety of our employees, our customers and
the communities we serve, CSX works relentlessly to prevent accidents and
injuries. When a company puts safety first, everyone benefits: the employees
and their families, the customers and the communities. In line with our
commitment to safety, the applicant selected for this position may be required
to successfully complete medical screenings and a background check.
CSX, based in Jacksonville, Florida, is a premier transportation company. It
provides rail, intermodal and rail-to-truck transload services and solutions to
customers across a broad array of markets, including energy, industrial, construction,
agricultural, and consumer products. For nearly 190 years, CSX has played a
critical role in the nation's economic expansion and industrial development.
Its network connects every major metropolitan area in the eastern United
States, where nearly two-thirds of the nation's population resides. It also
links more than 240 short-line railroads and more than 70 ocean, river and lake
ports with major population centers and farming towns alike. More information
about CSX Corporation and its subsidiaries is available at www.csx.com. Like us
At CSX, two of our five Guiding Principles are Valuing and Developing Employees
as well as Operating Safely. We are committed to offering our team members the
most competitive compensation and benefits package available, unlimited
opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and rewarding
career, and the safest work environment possible.
CSX is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability. Click
view the EEO is Law poster. Click
view the OFCCP pay transparency provision information.
CSX Transportation and its subsidiaries are not seeking outside assistance or
accepting unsolicited resumes from staffing agencies or search firms for
employment or contractor opportunities. Any resumes submitted by an outside
vendor to any employee at CSX via e-mail, Internet, or directly to hiring
managers without a valid written search agreement in place with the Talent
Acquisition / HR department will be deemed the sole property of CSX. No
placement fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired as a result of the
referral, or through other means.