Combined Insurance Technical Analyst in United States
Infrastructure - Sr. IT Technical Analyst, Salary Grade 26
Reporting to the AVP, Systems, IT Operations, theSr. IT Technical Analystwill be responsible for planning, conducting and coordinating operational application activities as they relate to the core Infrastructure operational environment to support the individual and collective Business Division’s operational needs.
The operational activities include support of servers within all data centers, Active Directory operations support, Backup and Recovery operations, Power Shell scripting, File Share creation and deployment and monitoring of all server health parameters. This role is also responsible for monitoring the development lifecycle process to ensure quality, as well as secure and high availability deliverables within budget and timeline constraints. There is strong and consistent interaction with the Divisional business and IT team to determine impact of Operational requirements.
This role requires the ability to be self-directed with a strong focus on, change orientation, seamless execution, strong relationship management and effective and transparent communication.
The job is highly complex in nature. TheSr. IT Technical Analystmust manage multiple priorities and meet established goals and targets. This position requires the ability to work with senior level business individuals and represent IT within the organization.
· Manages the design, development, integration, release, maintenance and production support of business application systems utilizing a variety of architectures and technologies.
· Collaborates with business unit management, IT functional areas and other stakeholders to prioritize projects/enhancements, build business cases, establish priorities for delivery and align the technology to support the information requirements of the business to meet strategic business and system objectives.
· Assesses data, systems, security and organizational impacts as related to proposed tactical solutions.
· Reviews and evaluates operations reports to monitor system performance to evaluate service level, security and software version compliance, problem management identification and continuous improvement.
· Works with internal partners across Chubb such as Business, Operations, IT, Architecture, Security, HR and external vendor partner groups as required to align schedules, resources and budgets as needed for delivery and to identify and resolve barriers to drive orchestrated execution.
· Ensures technical/architecture reviews of proposed solutions are conducted appropriately leveraging the Enterprise Engineering Group as well as the Enterprise Architecture Group.
· Partners with Risk, Compliance and Security to align with standards, policies and procedures to ensure that all Operational processes are secure and security vulnerabilities are addressed.
· Manages and delivers within the allocated budget partnering with Finance to ensure appropriate accounting treatment of costs.
· Research emerging technologies to drive innovative approaches into Operational implementation.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties enumerated above.
_Location:_ This position is located in Whitehouse Station, NJ.
_Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:_
· Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field.
· Server Software engineering background and experience
· At least 7-10 years of experience in managing multiple Server operating system environments i.e. Windows, UNIX and Linux.
· Experience in enabling Agile transformation/implementation.
· Ability to motivate team members and effectively delegate responsibilities to ensure timely delivery.
· Strong vendor management and vendor relationships experience to continuously understand how the tooling and services can benefit the operational functionality for our customers.
· Strong analytical skills and influence skills to achieve results.
· Proven ability to manage to budgets.
· Excellent written/verbal/presentation skills; ability to effectively communicate across all levels is required.
· Strong ability to identify, understand and communicate business needs and complex technical concepts in simple, concise and crisp manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Ability to manage and create Power shell scripts to analysis and mange File share and AD issues.
· Other competencies include:o Models company values; demonstrates high integrity; meets commitments; o Demonstrates sense of urgency and accountability; sets priorities and acts on key issues; o Demonstrates bias to be proactive rather than reactive; o Team player mentality; prioritize organizational goals
Adaptability- Agility. Responds well to change. Handles multiple demands / priorities effectively. Adapts to best fit with situation at hand. Handles conflict effectively. Collaborates. Develops new skills quickly. Willing to accept new responsibilities. Takes initiative & accountability.
*IT Methodologies. *Good organizational skills. Has experience managing projects and staff. Advanced technical skills or specialized knowledge. Analyzes tasks, dependencies, and resource needs. Manages budgets and performs financial activities effectively. Understands system development life cycle (SDLC) including AGILE methodology; uses project methodologies.
*Business Knowledge. *Learning Orientation. Solves problems. Understands fundamentals of insurance, IT best practices, and technology. Understands business processes and process improvement. Connects business problems to technical solutions. Validates that solutions achieve desired business result.
*Deliverables Management. *Matches business requirements to deliverables. Understands & meets deadlines. Holds others accountable. Proactive identification and management of risk. Manages multiple work streams. Works effectively across multiple groups (both internal and external). Has experience managing scope and change control.
*Communication. *Communicates effectively both written and oral. Responds to customers appropriately, timely, and accurately. Manages relationships effectively. Influences others. Transfers knowledge to others. Has experience working with multi-vendor projects and related communications challenges.
Job: *Information Technology
Title: Technical Analyst
Requisition ID: 323724