Combined Insurance TPA Business Specialist in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The TPA & Client Services Specialist works with Chubb NA Claims and the Business Divisions to execute the multiple processes required to effectively and efficiently manage commercial accounts that have their claim services unbundled to a Third Party Administrator (TPA).
This role facilitates the critical relationship between Chubb NA Claims, our Insured, the TPA and Broker to foster strong partnerships that positively influence Chubb’s ability to attract and retain business.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with TPA Account Managers and other TPA personnel responsible for on-boarding new business, servicing existing accounts and preparing accounts for the annual renewal process.
· Represent Chubb’s TPA Management & Client Services Team at internal business unit and external prospecting, stewardship and advisory council meetings.
· Drive the administrative/tactical details of program set up on New Business and Renewals including Service Account Instructions (SAI), ensuring the Chubb/Insured/TPA relationship is well coordinated and supported.
· Manage the TPA Claim Takeover process, ensuring successful transfer of all aspects of claim handling from old to new TPA. Conduct set up calls as needed throughout the takeover process to ensure coordination between Chubb disciplines, our Insured, old and new TPAs, the Broker and others.
· Act as key contact for underwriting, claims, other members of the TPA Management & Client Services Team to resolve TPA service issues on assigned accounts.
· Resolves loss data non-compliance issues with the TPA & Client Services Team.
· Participates with the management team in strategic planning to continuously strengthen our TPA services and relationships.
· Participates in the evaluation of proposed new TPAs and Other vendors that support TPA services and in the review of TPA Due Diligence documents.
· Support the approval and set up of self-administered accounts. This may include supporting your management in reviewing contracts, requesting and approving Due Diligence documents and evaluating data and other indicators of performance such as regulatory compliance
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: * College Degree from a 4 year accredited University * Superior organizational and written/verbal communication skills * Must be a self-motivated learner that can work in a team environment, and have the ability to develop strong working relationships to influence stakeholders to take action * Experience in either Claims TPA Management or Account Management * Proficiency in Chubb systems, the Microsoft Suite (Word/Excel), Access databases and SharePoint * Five or more years of Property/ Casualty insurance experience is strongly preferred * Experience in the review and negotiations of insurance service contracts is preferred * Claim Industry Designations (AIC, ARM etc.) is helpful * Travel Requirement - approximately 10%
/Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: TPA Business Specialist
Requisition ID: 323544