Combined Insurance Underwriter - Westchester Environmental in United States
Underwriter, Westchester Environmental
LOCATION: Looking for experienced environmental underwriters in Denver, CO
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
KEY OBJECTIVE: To execute the Westchester Environmental business unit strategy for our package and monoline business. This position reports to the leader of the Westchester Environmental West Region.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Underwriter’s primary responsibility is to underwrite individual risks through the demonstration of the following skills and abilities:
Risk Assessment:The candidate should have the ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer. The candidate should also have the ability to: a) identify general casualty and environmental risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls; b) select risk based on exposure and risk analysis and c) analyze claims, financials and quantify losses.
Financial Proficiency:The candidate should also have a good understanding of how financial statements and ratios can be used in risk analysis. This includes understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets and ability to understand credit risk.
Marketing and Communications:This role also requires the ability to: a) sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company; b) make presentations and communicate articulately; c) base communications on strategic thinking and; d) manage producer strategy.
Systems and Programs: Daily tasks are handled through the use of proprietary systems and software programs; thus the candidate must be able to learn and utilize such systems.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:· Solicits new and renewal submissions from brokers · Determines terms and conditions and complex rating plans · Binds coverage · Documents the underwriting files · Handles more complex files and portfolios within underwriting authority · Develop/maintain internal/external client relationships. · Takes ownership of given production goals and utilizes all available department resources to achieve said goals.
· 3 years of Environmental Underwriting Experience
· Bachelor’s degree
This role will require: * Knowledge of insurance industry
· Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience in underwriting environmental lines of business. This includes but is not limited to the following: o Environmental package (including GL) o Contractors Pollution Liability o Professional Liability (for environmental consultants) o Products Pollution Liability o Site Pollution Liability o Excess Liability
- Good Level of Underwriting Knowledge including: o Exposure Analysis o Forms & Coverages o Rating Principles and Mechanics
- Proficiency in Typing and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Internet usage
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skill
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Proven Broker Relations & Customer Management skill set
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Negotiation & Presentation Skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Experience working in the E&S/wholesale market space
/Chubb offers a competitive salary plus cash bonus, equity opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan with a generous company match, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress./
Title: Underwriter - Westchester Environmental
Requisition ID: 333443