Combined Insurance Underwriter in United States
_Major Accounts Construction Underwriter_
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, execute construction business unit strategy for the Central Region which includes the Midwest and Southwest territories. Product line responsibilities include workers’ compensation, general liability and auto liability. As a member of the Major Accounts’ Construction team, contribute to profitable underwriting results through the growth, selection, development, servicing and underwriting of consolidated insurance and corporate construction programs. This position is responsible for contributing to profit and production goals, meeting branch administrative standards, and being an active participant on the team. The position requires extensive marketing and collaboration with other Chubb business units and is located in Chubb’s Dallas branch.
Details of this critical opening follow:
- Fundamentals of coverage, terms and conditions. Ability to offer coverage, terms and conditions which generate a profit for the Company while meeting the needs of the customer.
- Risk Assessment. Ability to identify risk exposures, special or common hazards, and appropriate controls. Ability to select risk based on exposure and risk analysis. Ability to analyze claims and quantify losses.
- Financial proficiency. Understanding of financial statements and ratios used in risk analysis. Understanding of insurance financial fundamentals; impact of underwriting decisions on company assets. Ability to understand credit risk.
- Actuarial fundamentals. Ability to understand loss trends, loss triangles, and ratemaking. Ability to quantify risk based on experience history and forecasting methods.
- Marketing and communications. Ability to sell and negotiate to achieve bottom line profitability for the Company. Ability to make presentations and communicate articulately. Ability to base communications on strategic thinking. Ability to manage producer strategy.
Systems and programs. Ability to use systems and software programs needed to conduct daily business.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Duties may include but are not limited to: * Solicit new and renewal submissions from brokers and be responsible for new business, production and profitability goals * Execute regional marketing and sales strategies including prospecting, cross sell and upsell initiatives * Work collaboratively with the construction team and other units and colleagues * Determines terms and conditions and pricing using complex rating plans * Handle complex accounts and portfolio of business within underwriting authority * Document underwriting files thoroughly and accurately * Adhere to all underwriting standards and guidelines as outlined by the Division including all applicable Underwriting Guidelines, Authorities and Position Papers * Adhere to guidelines for accurate and timely policy issuance, accurate premium booking and billing, manuscript form and endorsement processes, and file construction and documentation * Regular agency and broker travel
- At least 2 years underwriting experience
- Experience with multiple lines of insurance
- Bachelor’s degree
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS * Knowledge of construction insurance industry * Knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
· Strong product knowledge, exposure analysis skills, forms and coverage knowledge, and rating principals and mechanics
- Knowledge of Loss Sensitive Rating Structures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and position product to internal and external customers Strong sales, marketing and relationship development skillsBasic leadership skills.
/Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./ Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Requisition ID: 327523