Combined Insurance Underwriting Work Lead in United States
Marine Facilities Group is seeking a Work Lead for the Marine Facility Group in Commercial Insurance located in either the Philadelphia, PA or Wilmington, DE offices.
Position Responsibilities :
The Work Lead is an advanced level position requiring very limited supervision. The Work Lead is responsible for supporting the underwriting process for multiple lines ofinsurancecoverage which includes property, casualty, automobile and marine coverages. The Work Lead will research issues, run reports and trend data to provide an analysis and subsequent potential solutions. Uses skills and abilities to perform tasks of high complexity that require deep technical experience. This position is also accountable for collaborating with team members to achieve growth, profit, renewal retention, service and producer/client management goals for an assigned book of business
• Gathering and analyzing account information (loss information, DNB’s, driver information, financials, loss control reports, etc.)
• Completing, documenting Quote prep and Risk Analysis
• Coordinating account processing for renewals and new accounts with underwriter and customer service representative
• Providing rating and issuance instructions including appropriate forms, coverages, and final premium
• Reviewing submission information with underwriter and assist with preparing quote letter
• Documenting underwriting analysis and benchmark information in the electronic file; ensuring electronic file integrity
• Processing endorsements within designated authority
The Work Lead role is an advanced level Underwriting Associate position that is accountable for acting as a lead for multifaceted technical assistance supporting UA’s__.
· Responsible for quality reviews,workloadbalancing, identify key communicationcomponentsof the UA job (TPM, process & workflow changes, strategy memos) and when needed provide training.
· The Work Lead will reinforce key communication components through mentorship as well as written and verbal platforms.
· The Work Lead will provide__teamwith direction and support that will improve their technical skills and drive strong results.
· Work Lead must have the ability to motivate and gain buy-in from others, reflect a positive attitude and interact with all levels. 70% of this role is production based UA Role while the remaining 30%is allocatedto the Work Lead role.
- The selected candidate must have strong communication, multitasking and organizational skills.
- Must demonstrate: Math aptitude, familiarity with or ability to learn the reference manuals. ISO rating for Package and Auto, Work comp bureaus and other regulatory agencies as appropriate to states.
- Willingness to learn the electronic systems, underwriting principles, policy forms and proficient in Word and Excel.
- 2-3 years of prior commercial insurance experience is required.
- Minimum High school degree or equivalent.
Title: Underwriting Work Lead
Requisition ID: 330668