Combined Insurance Vice President, Direct Claims Manager in United States
The Brandywine Vice President Manager is responsible for managing a team of claim professionals handling a blend of complex asbestos, long term exposure and environmental claims to ensure that core claim handling objectives are achieved. VP Managers also contributed to overall portfolio management, reporting directly to the Senior Vice President, Direct Claims.
· Assist in the strategic planning for the handling of accounts. Identify opportunities to carefully manage the company’s overall exposure.
· Direct participation in discussions or negotiations as appropriate.
· Review account assignments to ensure that staffing reflects an appropriate level of expertise. Facilitate the claim handlers’ effective utilization of resources.
· Regularly review claim handers’ work, using Brandywine systems as necessary, to ensure the effective discharge of core claim handling responsibilities.
· Thorough and timely review of requests for authority presented by claim handlers, including specific recommendations with supporting considerations to senior management as necessary.
· Communication with senior management regarding significant account developments.
· Provide strategic leadership and direction to the entire Brandywine organization. Identify, analyze and respond to legal trends and developments, with particular emphasis on environmental claims.
· Work closely with consultants, counsel, policyholders, and other leaders in the insurance industry to formulate and implement strategic approaches to issues, with particular emphasis on environmental claims.
· Organize training and discussions designed to focus attention on key issues and/or developments,
· Development of financial projections and reserves.
· Set objectives for claim professionals and track progress throughout the year. Provide positive and constructive feedback, and strive to identify growth opportunities.
· Clearly communicate company’s policies, requirements and expectations. Identify and address performance issues. Conduct mid-year and year-end performance reviews.
· Foster a positive work environment.
- High degree of technical competence in the handling of high exposure claims and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience – emphasis in the areas of asbestos and/or environmental claims required.
- 4 year college degree.
Law degree preferred.
Experience directly managing defense counsel.
- Experience managing disputed/litigated coverage matters.
- Experience interpreting and analyzing the application of general liability policies.
- Analytical skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively utilize claim and financial tracking systems.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Experience in a work environment that required collaboration across work groups.
- Significant knowledge of Excel and data management tools.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office utilities.
Chubb offers a competitive salary plus cash bonus, equity opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package including life, health, dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan with a generous company match, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress.
Title: Vice President, Direct Claims Manager
Requisition ID: 318436