Combined Insurance VP, Human Resources Business Partner, North American Operations in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
Summary * * The VP- Human Resources, North Americais the senior HR Business Partner for the EVP, North America Operations, his leadership team and the North America Operations unit of approximately 1,500 staff located in multiple locations. This role is a part of the North America HR and North America Operations Leadership teams as well as the Global Operations HR Leadership team. It provides HR leadership and guidance to a North America Operations unit that is transforming through process standardization, reengineering and automation initiatives. The incumbent will influence overall HR objectives for North America and execute HR strategy and objectives aligned to the business priorities of NA Operations. This individual will have a dual-reporting relationship to the Executive VP of North American HR and the Senior HR Business Partner for Global Operations. Strong organization development and change management skills are preferred.
The VP, HR Business Partner must be highly credible, approachable and experienced at providing advice and counsel to both managers and employees and will be expected to be a trusted advisor to management and an employee advocate and have the experience and judgment to balance the needs of stakeholders.
Responsibilities /HR Business Partner/ * Provide advice, coaching, support and input to NA Operations leaders to execute on talent management strategies and plans to attract, retain and develop talent, build pipelines for leadership succession and effectively deploy Chubb’s human capital as a distinct competitive advantage. Talent management includes talent acquisition, development, assessment and succession, retention and engagement. Within each of these disciplines there are programs and initiatives (e.g., workforce planning, annual compensation planning) to be effectively executed. * Engage with senior leaders to understand priorities as they evolve and develop strategies and tactical plan to address them. * Utilize current business priorities and leverage that information in HR planning and prioritization efforts and execute tactical plans to address deliver results in these key areas. * Engage collaboratively within NA Operations as an employee advocate to ensure that issues and obstacles are identified and addressed. * Partner with others in HR and within client groups in execution of diversity and inclusion initiatives. /HR Management/ * Manage staff of HR professionals. * Coach direct reports around expectations of HR and the HR competency model and identify development priorities to enhance impact and effectiveness and support their growth. * Set goals for direct reports and the team aligned to HR priorities and provide continuous performance feedback. /HR Leadership/ * Partner with other members of Global Operations and NA HR leadership teams in setting HR strategy and evolving the HR operating model to support business transformation and the workforce/workplace of the future. * Actively engage as a member of the Global Operations HR Leadership team in planning and execution of HR priorities that are aligned to business priorities. * Collaborate with the EVP, HR for North America and her team to leverage the NA COEs to ensure seamless implementation of programs and initiatives and a positive employee experience. * Effectively engage with field HR partners to support NA Operations initiatives * Deliver key communications within the business areas and influence messages as they are developed
- 10 years of experience in Human Resources or other relevant discipline
- Bachelor of Science degree in an HR or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience in a progressive HR operating environment highly desired
- Ability to lead and influence within HR and North America Operations
- Demonstrated credibility as a trusted advisor to senior leaders; effective relationship skills; ability to engage with employees and leaders at all levels
- Highly developed communication skills including effective writing style, presentation development, listening and ability to articulate a point of view clearly and persuasively
- Budget/tracking experience for a unit of 1,500 staff/contractors/vacancies as well as matrixed units for corporate initiatives including talent/succession initiatives -- partner closely with divisional finance and NA Ops to maintain a position number database.
- Proven ability to advocate for and facilitate change and business/functional transformation
- Well organized with ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Creative, proactive and energetic, self-starter, strong work ethic, flexible
- Courageous, collaborative, resilient
- Agile learner and able to work comfortably in a changing environment
- Solutions-oriented approach to problem solving and conflict management
- Commitment to excellence
- Strong performance orientation with a demonstrated ability to execute under tight deadlines
- Reputation and track record for developing HR talent
- Highest degree of integrity and ethics /Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: *Human Resources
Title: VP, Human Resources Business Partner, North American Operations
Requisition ID: 327224