Combined Insurance VP, Small Commercial IT Delivery Lead in United States
The Small Commercial IT Delivery Lead will be responsible for leading end-to-end IT delivery of system and process changes for new and existing functionality within the Chubb Commercial Marketplace and underlying Policy Administration systems to support the Small Commercial Divisions’ objectives.
This role will require the candidate to manage a large portfolio of agile teams and deliver benefits such as improved agent/customer experience, product and appetite expansion, application platform optimization, increased operational effectiveness and delivery of financial results.
This senior role will be a partner to the business on defining IT strategy, tactical execution plans and drive IT technology decisions to ensure optimum business results as well as lead a team of internal IT service providers and vendors to ensure all the IT deliverables are in place for the achievement of business success.
This role requires thought leadership, strong engineering skills, change orientation, seamless execution, strong relationship management and effective communication capabilities.
· Lead end-to-end IT delivery for development and implementation of system and process changes for new and existing functionality within the Chubb Commercial Marketplace, integration layers and underlying Policy Administration & Corporate systems.
· Work with internal partners across Chubb such as Business, Operations, IT, Infrastructure, Architecture, Security, HR and external vendor partner groups as required by the project/program to align schedules, resources and budgets as needed for the project/program delivery and to identify and resolve barriers to drive orchestrated execution.
· Ensure technical/architecture reviews of proposed solutions are conducted appropriately leveraging the Enterprise Architecture Group.
· Communicate regularly in accordance with agreed upon communications plan.
· Prepare and deliver formal presentations on project and status for business and technology leadership.
· Enable transition from an iterative Waterfall to an Agile-based operating model.
· Determine the right sourcing model depending on the type of project/program, and manage SOW contractual commitments with vendor partners.
· Partner with Risk, Compliance and Security to align with standards, policies and procedures.
· Manage and deliver within the allocated budget partnering with Finance to ensure appropriate accounting treatment of costs.
· Research emerging technologies to drive innovative approaches into our implementation.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field.
- Strong technical/software engineering background and experience managing development teams required.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in managing multiple, concurrent medium to large cross-functional teams or projects.
- Experience in enabling Agile transformation/implementation in medium to large projects/programs is required.
- Insurance background required; experience in Commercial Lines platform/systems implementation of Duck Creek Policy, Insurity PolicyDecisions or similar technology is preferred.
- Ability to motivate team members and effectively delegate responsibilities to ensure timely delivery.
- Strong vendor management and vendor relationships experience to continuously understand how the tooling and services marketplace will evolve.
- Strong analytical skills and influence skills to achieve results.
- Proven ability to manage to departmental and program budgets.
- Excellent written/verbal/presentation[Increase indent]n skills; ability to effectively communicate across all levels is required.
- Strong ability to identify, understand and communicate business needs and complex technical concepts in simple, concise and crisp manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Other competencies include:
- Models company values; demonstrates high integrity; meets commitments; o Demonstrates sense of urgency and accountability; sets priorities and acts on key issues; o Demonstrates bias to be proactive rather than reactive;o Team player mentality; prioritize organizational performance
Job: *Information Technology
Title: VP, Small Commercial IT Delivery Lead
Requisition ID: 328765