Combined Insurance Workers Compensation Claims Technical Assistant in United States
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
As a member of the Workers’ Compensation Claim Team, this position is responsible for advanced technical support of the claim handling process and the delivery of superior customer service and technical file handling results.
Role and Responsibilities: • Promptly complete initial contacts to gather facts necessary to assist Examiners in making appropriate compensability and benefit decisions. • Maintain active file diaries to ensure completion of contacts and receipt of required information i.e. medical reports, wage statements and legal documents. • Calculate accurate benefit rates and issue benefit and settlement payments within state timeframes to avoid penalties and interest. • Document activities in claim notes accurately and timely i.e. phone calls, completion of assignments, responses to inquiries.
• Produce quality documentation in an accurate and timely manner i.e. benefit notices, nurse and legal referrals, record requests, settlement documents.
• Respond timely and appropriately to internal and external customers on claim related issues. • Adhere to state regulations for AZ, CA, CO and UT WC claims and the CA Fair Claims Practice Act.
• Follow Best Practices guidelines for all activities i.e. investigations, file documentations and payments.
• Collaborate with appropriate resources to ensure outstanding issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Handle a small inventory of Future Medical claims including monitoring medical treatment approved by Utilization Review and paying medical bills.
• Collaborate with claim teams to ensure adequate coverage during TA vacations or absences.
Skills and Experiences: • Proficient customer service skills to include verbal, written and interpersonal skills. • Aptitude for evaluating, analyzing and interpreting information. • Effective time management skills at setting priorities and multi-tasking to accomplish assignments.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changes in state requirements and customer expectations.
• Ability to work efficiently within agreed workflows while minimizing need for corrections.
• Basic understanding of the workers’ compensation claim handling systems and processes. • Prior workers’ compensation experience preferred but not required. • Ability to work independently and in a team environment. • Proficient computer skills to include knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and state systems for legal form filings and coverage inquiries.
Education: • College degree is a plus but not required. • Prior workers’ compensation claims background preferred but not required.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Title: Workers Compensation Claims Technical Assistant
Requisition ID: 314671