Hilton Lead Steward - Full-Time in Waikoloa, Hawaii
A Lead Steward is responsible for supervising and directing utility stewards and dishwashers to transport and clean cooking utensils and serviceware in order to provide cooks, buspersons and food servers with appropriate equipment for guest dining experience. Also requires cleaning of physical surroundings.
What will I be doing?
As a Lead Steward, you would be responsible for supervising and directing utility stewards and dishwashers to transport and clean cooking utensils and serviceware in order to provide cooks, buspersons and food servers with appropriate equipment for guest dining experience. Also requires cleaning of physical surroundings. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To supervise and direct staff, including temporary personnel
- To ensure proper set up for all banquet functions on his/her shift
- To ensure that all food and equipment on menus are delivered on time to all functions.
- To see that utility stewards maintain the areas in which the functions are taking place. Ensure that all dirty china, glasses and silver are returned to dish washing area as soon aspossible.
- To make sure that all functions are set up and ready for the next shift.
- To assist that Asst. Executive Steward with the cleaning of the restaurant and banquet kitchens.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent required
Some work experience in stewarding required. Some hospitality experience preferred. Experience directly supervising employees preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read and speak basic English language so as to fully comprehend job requests, caution notices, event orders and similar written materials.
- Ability to count serviceware during Big Four inventory.
- Ability to perform duties with extreme temperature ranges
- Knowledge of equipment and how to maintain it.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Lead Steward - Full-Time
Requisition ID: HOT0540D