Hilton Front Office Supervisor - Full-Time in Wailea, Hawaii
A Front Office Supervisor is responsible for providing guidance and leadership, and ensure that consistent quality of customer service is provided to all guests in accordance with Hilton standards. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Daily supervision, training, motivation, discipline, and development of Front Desk, PBX, Bell Desk, Concierge, and night desk operation team members. Observe performance and encourage improvement. Monitor lobby traffic to make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Supervise front desk operations by completing a checklist of important daily tasks, determining room and rate availability, and making decisions that are in the best interest of the hotel. Supervise the daily completion of shift checklists, bucket checks, rate discrepancy check, credit check, and PBX wake up call log.
- Resolve customer complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and the most effective resolution. Authorize revenue allowances to remedy problems only after alternative solutions have been offered.
- Prepare and conduct daily pre-shift meetings, communicate effectively with all staff and provide them with any information necessary to provide guest service in accordance with Hilton standards.
- Establish, train, and enforce standards and procedures with measurable results.
- Monitoring and enforcing the correct selling/assigning of guest accommodations in order to maximize guest satisfaction and revenues.
- Assist Front Office Agents, Operators, Reservation Agents, Bell Attendants, and other departments with any questions or requests.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent required. Four year college degree preferred.
At least 1 year combined Front Desk and supervisory experience in hospitality or related industry preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use and operation of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to listen effectively and comprehend the English language to understand and obtain instructions and information.
- Ability to see and hear in order to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to ensure deadlines are met.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Front Office Supervisor - Full-Time
Requisition ID: HOT05GHO