Hilton Lobby Concierge - Part Time in Wailea, Hawaii
A Lobby Concierge is responsible for acting as an ambassador of the hotel by providing special assistance and information about hotel services and local area attractions to customers and patrons, offering a wide selection of alternatives for guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
A Lobby Concierge is responsible for acting as an ambassador of the hotel by providing special assistance and information about hotel services and local area attractions to customers and patrons, offering a wide selection of alternatives for guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greets customers immediately by phone and in person with a friendly and sincere welcome. Responds to inquiries with accurate information regarding hours of outlet operation, directions to local attractions, or meeting rooms, car rentals and airline shuttle service, etc. according to individual needs. Arranges and confirms recreation, business and dining activities both inside and outside the hotel, sells gift certificates for resort outlets and arranges for room amenities. Promptly responds to requests for dentists, doctors, child care, florists, etc. Answers telephone calls and relays or traces messages as necessary. Distributes printed materials such as brochures of local attractions
- Responds to guest complaints, conducts research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiates results. Listens and assists in resolving problems such as price conflicts, vendor/activity issues, property wide service issues, etc. Escalates issues up the chain of command if unable to handle at concierge level. Remains calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity.
- Creates activities and provides information and support to ensure total guest satisfaction for group and FIT clientele. Orders and maintains supplies for department. Stocks stations as necessary, completes daily reports and reconcilations. Keeps work areas safe, neat and orderly.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent required.
One year customer service experience required. Prior Front Desk or other prior hospitality experience preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Must be available to work varying days/shifts as needed.
Adhere to Hilton and Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa Ethics and Conflict of Interest policies.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical and calculator skills to prepare mathematical calculations without error, e.g., purchasing tickets for guests.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Learning and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Lobby Concierge - Part Time
Requisition ID: HOT05TWF