Hilton Security Officer - Temporary in Wailea, Hawaii
A Security Officer is responsible performing protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Monitor and ensure guest activity/safety at the pool area. Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, visitors, and team members using communications and service industry skills.
What will I be doing?
A Security Officer is responsible performing protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property. Monitor and ensure guest activity/safety at the pool area. Maintain a safe and secure environment for guests, visitors, and team members using communications and service industry skills. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Foot patrol of the interior and perimeter of the hotel including beachfront and pool area to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Evaluate situations and make logical decisions on how to proceed and direct work.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property. Lead and assist team memers with pool policies before, during, and after facilities open.
- Answer security telephone and emergency hotline calls. Dispatch or respond to all requests for assistance by guests and team members in a timely manner based on priority. Listen and provide accurate information to guests and team members. Document legibly all appropriate incident information. Prepare schedules and relate relevant information on house count, conventions, arrivals and departures from each shift.
- Memorize, monitor and maintain life safety system and equipment including accurate layout of entire building, locations of stand pipes, fire extinguishers, AED’s, complete alarm reports and checks and report any pertinent information from each shift.
- Observe monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- First responder in case of water rescue or medical emergency. Administer First Aid, AED and/or CPR.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor(s), the Assistant Director of Safety & Security and The Director of Security based on departmental needs.
What are we looking for?
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- Prior law enforcement, security, or military experience preferred
- Must be available to work weekends and varying shifts, including AM, PM, and Overnight
- State of Hawaii Security Guard License required.
- Tuberculosis clearance required.
- CPR, AED and First Aid certification preferred.
- Valid Drivers License and clean driving abstract required
- Willingness to maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available)
- Only applicants who are currently residing in the local area will be considered; no relocation assistance or visa sponsorship is available
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Thorough knowledge of the floor plans and layout of the building(s), function rooms, and working knowledge of the City and surrounding area.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information. This includes listening to the nature of the concern, demonstrating empathy with the guest and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information and to communicate effectively with guests and team members.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property.
- Ability to follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing up to 50 lbs. sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
- Ability to perform basic computer functions and to navigate Microsoft Word based programs.
- Ability to type 25 wpm preferred.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Security and Loss Prevention
Title: Security Officer - Temporary
Requisition ID: HOT05AM6