HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Med Surg RN in Walterboro, South Carolina
Is your current role providing you the level of challenge and fulfillment you are looking for? If not, consider the Colleton Medical Center, committed to building a health community across the greater Charleston area and the Lowcountry. The core of our values emanates from our continued focus on improving the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve. To accomplish this we aim to identify top talent aligned with our values and dedicated to cultivating our mission.
We invite you to learn more about the fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team. Colleton Medical Center is a 135-bed HCA hospital system, offering both inpatient and outpatient medical services, as well as 24/7 Emergency Care for adults and children. Named a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission for four consecutive years, CMC ranks in the top 15 percent of U.S. hospitals for quality care. Committed to quality services and compassionate care, CMC continues to expand and advance to meet the needs of a growing community.
We’d love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
*We offer you a generous compensation package including: competitive pay, paid time off, 401k, medical, dental vision and life insurance, tuition reimbursement and employee stock purchase plan. *
We are searching for a Registered Nurse for a full-time, night shift (7p-7a) position on our state-of-the-art Med/Surg unit.The Med Surg RN is responsible to the Nursing Director/Charge Nurse for the delivery of quality patient care utilizing the nursing process. Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for patient care, communication, and documentation on the unit.
Essential Core Functions:
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Maintain and support the standards of nursing care and practice in order to meet the health care needs of patients, their families and the community.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
- Current licensure in the State of South Carolina as a Registered Nurse
- American Heart Association BLS – Healthcare provider
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a minimum of an Associates Degree.
- Med/Surg experience preferred.
- Must possess the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively meet the needs of the patient/internal & external customer.
- Performs in accordance with delineated job responsibilities and satisfactorily completes a yearly evaluation based on these responsibilities.
*Special qualifications: *
- Must have the ability to effectively read, write and speak fluent English.
- Effective communication skills; both orally and written.
- Computer skills required.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This is a full time night shift position (7p-7a)
- Weekend and holiday rotation required
We are so excited to speak with you about this phenomenal opportunity. Apply to hear more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Med Surg RN
Location: South Carolina-Walterboro-Colleton Medical Center-Walterboro
Requisition ID: 00391-20270