Verizon UX Designer - Consumer Applications in Waltham, Massachusetts
What you’ll be doing...
About The Role
As a UX designer in our Consumer Apps/Services and Internet Platforms group, you will collaborate with diverse cross-functional teams spanning product development, engineering, sales, and marketing. Our team is wholly committed to developing next-generation mobile and internet platforms and services for businesses and consumers alike. You will be responsible for creating a variety of high-quality screen flows (low- and high-fidelity), static assets (logos, icons, illustrations, diagrams, lifestyle art), collateral (PDFs, PPTs), email templates, and more.
You will also lead/ mentor a team of UX designer contractors working on different products. You will help establish the guidelines for best practices and ensure brand compliance
• Design and develop functional application flows and supporting graphical assets for products from ideation to commercialization
• Work collaboratively with product and marketing managers, engineers, and others to create compelling mobile and web application flows (hi- and lo-fi), websites, presentation materials, demo and promo videos, and more
• Provide advanced presentation support to product leads and senior leadership
• Work closely with the Content Marketing team on various strategic projects and special product promotions
• Work collaboratively with Graphic Design and UX peers to ensure consistency in our product look and feel
• Maintain and develop advanced user experience and graphic design skills
What we’re looking for...
Experience and Skills
• 5-7+ years of user experience design in fast-paced, collaborative environments
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and experience working with geographically-dispersed teams
• Ability to synthesize complex topics and create flows and graphics that support clear messaging
• Fluency in the Adobe suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop), Sketch, various prototyping tools, Zeplin, and the Atlassian suite (Jira and Confluence)
• Familiarity with prototyping and A/B testing tools is a plus
• Understanding of HTML, CSS, and Drupal is also a plus
• Comfortable working autonomously and with diverse cross-functional teams
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
- Verizon Jobs