Eaton Corporation Electro-Mechanical Designer in Warrendale, Pennsylvania
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is currently seeking an Electro-Mechanical Designer to join or team. This position is based out of our Warrendale, PA location.
The Electro-Mechanical Designer is responsible for the layout and design of custom electrical solutions and assemblies, including replacement power circuit breakers, switchboards retrofit kits, and power system solutions. Works as part of a team to develop bills of material, mechanical and electrical design layouts, assembly and detail drawings and models utilizing AutoCAD Inventor. Participates as a team member of cross-functional project design teams. Consults with engineers, manufacturing, marketing, and supply chain when required to solve problems. Demonstrates the ability to develop and maintain basic project schedules and specifications. Participates in assembly, design testing, and documentation of new life extension solutions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will create custom switchgear solutions for vintage power distribution equipment
• You will develop unique approaches to adapt current technology into obsolete equipment
• You will create and publish drawings and bills of materials for internal and external manufacturing. Create layouts and bills of materials in Inventor and Eaton proprietary systems.
• You will develop engineering concepts and create detail 3D models and drawings using Inventor modeling software
• You will work with suppliers to assemble field installation kits for use by EESS field service engineers
• You will ensure proper manufacture of custom engineered materials
• You will resolve installation issues and solve problems during project execution
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
QualificationsRegular (Basic) Qualifications:
• Associate Degree in computer aided drafting or design from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience using 3D CAD Software.
• Mechanical aptitude and knowledge of hand tools and basic machine tools.
• Ability to use precision measurement tools and layout techniques desired.
• Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering and with drafting experience with 3D models.
• Previous Experience with ERP systems.
• Ability to create engineering drawings of complex assemblies and detail components for manufacturing.
• Mechanical aptitude and ability to perform mechanical assembly and functional tests
• Strong Computer Skills; Knowledge of MS Office; Outlook, Word, Excel, and ERP systems
• Ability to manage multiple activities at the same time desired.
• Ability to read engineering drawings of complex assemblies and detail components
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.