Hilton Banquets Senior Sous Chef - Conrad Washington DC in Washington, District Of Columbia
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Sous Chef to join our culinary team! Stay inspired by joining the newest and highly anticipated Conrad hotel located in the heart of urban DC.
Set to open in early 2019, this stylish and sophisticated property is going to bring a new standard of luxury to DC with 360 rooms, 32,000 square feet of banquet space, and 5 food and beverage outlets including a restaurant by celebrity Chefs Bryan and Michael Voltaggio - these two are James Beard award winners and 'Top Chef' finalists bringing the seafood of the Chesapeake to the heart of the District through a farm-to-table experience.
In this role, you will oversee banquets and the club lounge managing a team of 15-20. Asthe only luxury hotel in DC with 100% of its meeting space above street level, thecontemporary and diverse meeting spaces include two pillar-free ballrooms with 17-foot ceilings, three conference rooms, a hospitality suite, a wraparound pre-function area, and the rooftop boasting city and Capitol views. The Grand Ballroom sits at 7,626 square feet and the Conservatory Ballroom at 3,300 square feet.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative and restaurant-minded chef with the ability to drive the business forward through creativity, staff development, and strong organization. Restaurant and hotel experience is required and a background in luxury hotels and international cuisine are a plus.
For more information on the hotel, please visit the website at http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/hotels/district-of-columbia/conrad-washington-dc-WASCICI/index.html.
What will I be doing?
As Senior Sous Chef, you would be responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of the planning, preparation, production and control of all culinary operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef by interacting with guests and clients to monitor and assess satisfaction trends, evaluate and address issues and make improvements accordingly
- Assist the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef in creating and implementing menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
- Work alongside staff to ensure proper execution and timeliness of food production, providing hands-on support, as needed.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Banquets Senior Sous Chef - Conrad Washington DC
Requisition ID: HOT05NSU