CACI International Database Administrator (Oracle and MS SQL) in Washington, District Of Columbia
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is hiring a Database Administrator in support of the Department of State. You will be part of a team that supports enterprise software applications, infrastructure, data architecture, cloud services and business intelligence to the enterprise. You will also provide administration of the application databases within the development, test, and production environments. Your responsibilities will include providing full database administration, including backups, deployment of new database changes, securing the database systems, performance tuning, researching and developing new database technologies and solutions, as well as developing database policies and procedures.
More About the Role:
• Install, configure, and upgrade MS SQL and Oracle.
• Ensures that storage, archiving, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
• Research and development of new database technologies and solutions
• Administrative scripting using SQL and other scripting languages
• Performing deployments of code or data loads to development, test, and production.
• Performs database hardening including database encryption.
• Maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
• Controls access permissions and privileges.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
• Requires bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar technical degree, and 5-7 years of related experience
• Active Top Secret Clearance.
• Experience must include Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and higher
• Experience in documenting, establishing, and performing database backup and recovery, monitoring, and tuning.
• Specific experience in performing database security - authentication, auditing, and encryption for MS SQL server.
• Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills; evidence of skills analyzing information technology issues, evaluating alternatives, and making logical recommendations based on findings; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
• Certified as an MCSA/MCSE for MS SQL Server
• Experience with system administration in a Windows 2008/2012/2016 server environment
• Experience with VMWare Vsphere
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.