Hilton Director of Banquets - Conrad Washington D.C. in Washington, District Of Columbia
Stay inspired by joining the newest and highly anticipated Conrad hotel located in the heart of urban DC as the Director of Banquets!
Set to open in early 2019, this stylish and sophisticated property is going to bring a new standard of luxury to DC with 360 rooms, 32,000 square feet of banquet space, and 5 food and beverage outlets including a restaurant by celebrity Chefs Bryan and Michael Voltaggio. This includes a 3-meal restaurant, rooftop bar, lobby lounge, in-room dining, a private club lounge, and the only luxury hotel in DC with 100% of its meeting space above street level.
The ideal candidate will be an incredible leader with the ability to drive the business forward through innovation and elevated service. In this role, you will manage the contemporary and diverse meeting spaces such as two pillar-free ballrooms with 17-foot ceilings, three conference rooms, a hospitality suite, a wraparound pre-function area, and the rooftop boasting city and Capitol views. The Grand Ballroom sits at 7,626 square feet and the Conservatory Ballroom at 3,300 square feet.
For more information on the hotel, please visit the website at http://conradhotels3.hilton.com/en/hotels/district-of-columbia/conrad-washington-dc-WASCICI/index.html.
What will I be doing?
As a Director of Banquets, you would be responsible for managing the daily execution of all banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Manage daily Banquet functions to include, but not limited to, planning, organizing and executing breakfasts, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Oversee the set-up of function rooms to include, but not limited to, the placement of linens, silver, glassware and chinaware according to event specifications and a full inspection
- Monitor and develop team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, conducting counselling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Recruit, interview and train team members
- Communicate function specifications, procedures and changes with affected departments including, but not limited to, the Food and Beverage, Event Services, Property Operations, Audio Visual and Housekeeping
- Oversee the break-down of the function room and ensure proper storage of equipment
- Ensure compliance with health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Banquets and Catering
Title: Director of Banquets - Conrad Washington D.C.
Requisition ID: HOT05OAX