IBM Z Technical Sales Worldwide Manager in Washington, District Of Columbia
Over the past 5 decades the IBM mainframe has been the flagship of IBM's Systems lineup and the gold standard for security, reliability and large scale transaction processing. As we take the IBM Z mainframe into the era of Cognitive and Cloud Computing we’re looking for an experienced leader to manage a worldwide team of senior technical specialists.
This individual will act as a leader for worldwide pre-sales strategies in cutting edge platforms for infrastructure to support banking transformation, digital payments, secure data serving, Blockchain, and performance. This challenging and highly visible position will be responsible for managing some of our top technical specialists worldwide. The candidate must be able to multi-task, make decisions quickly, be customer focused, adaptable, and eager to learn.
Having broad expertise in technical sales management, this individual will use their skills to progress sales opportunities around the world. This Technical Sales Leader will be tasked with building a plan to react quickly to requests for support of key opportunities, and improve the z software deployment picture. This position will collaborate with Business Partners, sales managers, and technical managers around the world.
· Lead a team of Z technical sales specialists supporting the sales team across all geographies, ensuring that the team focuses on the zExpansion and break the cycle initiatives while supporting the achievement of their respective BU sales targets.
· Lead the worldwide performance team, assisting the team lead to prioritize activity in order to achieve cost recovery objectives.
· Responsibility for z software deployment, with an objective of minimizing negative reallocations and substitutions.
· Provide support to the Z HW and Z SW sales leaders to ensure that all technical obstacles to their pipeline deals are removed.
· Requires some travel. Travel estimated to be no more than 20%.
· Self-motivated and ability to work without day to day direction
· Ability to work independently, but collaborate globally
· Intellectual curiosity with a passion for technology
· Creative problem solver
· Proven track record of leading technical teams
· Client facing experience, with ability to understand client requirements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Strong verbal and written communication skills and proven ability to convey information clearly
Ability to work collaboratively on a global scale
Ability to operate at all levels within a client from IT to LOB to CxO level decision makers
Ability to lead and motivate teams in a fast-paced environment
Explore and understand complex requirements on both a business and technical level
Proven ability to navigate through a matrix management internal structure and build teams to achieve the desired result.
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Experience with mainframe technology
Knowledge of IBM System z software and hardware
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.