Hilton Vice President Architecture Design EMEA in Watford, United Kingdom
To be the epicenter of creative design expertise and the leader of the Hilton EMEA Design Team. To establish the agenda for design across EMEA hotels and elevate the quality of design for all Hilton hotels entering the system or under refurbishment. To deliver wonderfully designed hotels that surpass guests, development partners, and brand expectations.
To lead Design teams across EMEA, overseeing design activities for all new development and renovation projects; including new build, conversion, adaptive re-use, Hilton funded CapEx and Owner funded CapEx renovation projects; across all Hilton Brands in EMEA including: Hampton by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Doubletree by Hilton, Hilton Hotels and Resorts, Curio, Canopy, Conrad Hotels and Waldorf Astoria.
To lead the team by example; to maintain, foster and develop relationships within the AD&C team, and with all stakeholders within Hilton and with the external partners, agencies and designers that Hilton work with.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
What will I be doing?
• Develop clear position as leader in design and innovation within EMEA;
• Provide clear direction and lead development of branded design narratives for all brands;
• Lead development and maintenance of EMEA design solutions for hard brand hotels;
• Act as key contact for luxury brands design development;
• Develop culture of independent thinking and delivering innovative and creative solutions;
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of hotel design industry trends and competitor design environment and leverage this in design development;
• Keep up-to-date with new products and materials;
• Understand wider design trends from across all industries and anticipate key disruptors.
Brand Standards development and upkeep
• Support in the development and evolution of AD&C standards across all EMEA brands;
• Ensure team understanding and implementation of AD&C standards in all projects across the EMEA region.
• Support Hilton Development team in securing all new hotel, adaptive re-use and conversion opportunities as part of the EMEA growth programme;
• Take a leading role on all luxury brand design and development projects in EMEA;
• Support the Hilton Development and Real Estate and Aseet Management (REAM) teams in the delivery of outstanding new hotels and refurbishments;
• Manage all architectural and interior design reviews throughout the design and construction period of a project, leading to its opening;
• Lead Design Review Committee (DRC) process for EMEA, to ensure consistent, high quality submissions to SVP Global Design in US HQ;
• Participate in monthly REAM calls to evaluate project progress for all Hilton CapEx projects;
• Coordinate and present monthly design progress reports for all projects and new opportunities.
• Participate in senior leadership activities including key decisions influencing strategies and initiatives, development of design for any new brands, participation at major industry events and conferences, including Hilton Leadership conferences;
• Attend regular AD&C EMEA senior leadership meetings;
• Coordinate all combined initiatives with fellow EMEA AD&C team leaders;
• Participate in monthly forecasting required by the AD&C team leadership.
• Regional and Global Brand
• Hilton Supply Management
• Feasibility and Investment Analysis
• Restaurant Group and F&B
• Spa and Fitness
• Interior Designers
• Graphic Design Agencies
• Cost Consultants
• Project Management Consultants
What are we looking for?
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
• Hotel design and delivery experience across all ownership models;
• Innovative thinking and creative problem solving skills;
• Strong balance of commercial focus and development savvy;
• Excellent owner and consultant/agency partnership and collaboration skills;
• Team building and team leadership;
• Demonstrate the highest standards of professional behaviour;
• Experience of working in multi-cultural or international environments;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work independently and across a number of different projects at the same time;
• The ability to read and understand design information and construction standards; architectural and engineering construction documents, specifications, construction submittals, etc.;
• Strong design and technical expertise;
• Proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft and Adobe; specifically: Word, Excel, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Fluent in English a necessity, fluency in other languages is very beneficial.
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program, which provides reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends! We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton.
• University degree in architecture or interior design. Masters Degree would be beneficial; or equivalent
• Recognised professional qualification in architecture or interior design; or equivalent
• Significant previous work experience within the hospitality design industry, either working for a major international hotel company or in a senior design or management role in an architecture or interior design studio specialising in EMEA hotel development.
Job: Architecture, Design and Construction
Title: Vice President Architecture Design EMEA
Requisition ID: EUR013B3