Comcast Analyst 3, Finance - Wayne in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for providing business performance analysis, reporting, andforecasting. Provides a variety of financial data; maintains and updatesfinancial models and plans. Provides financial analysis and projectionsto all levels within the organization in support of functional businessobjectives. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in owndiscipline.Usually determines own work priorities.Acts as resource forcolleagues with less experience.
- Receives and responds to FP&A, Revenue/Businessor Pricing/Yield Management requests.
- Provides budget, forecast, and variance analysis and related reportsas needed.
- Conducts financial research, analyzes financial performance againstobjectives, and determines emerging financial trends.
- Provides rationale behind reports and analysis and relays them insimple terms.
- Creates and maintains statistical/financial databases and reports.Runs appropriate weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Interacts as team member and sets the pace for the Financial Analyststeam. Interfaces with other department member on special projects or on
an as-needed basis.
- Utilizesstrong communication skills, including demonstrated ability to engage with colleagues; ability to understand and explain business and financial terms and concepts.
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Performs additional Business Operations duties and tasks as required.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
-Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Two or more years of work experience in Financial Planning & Forecasting, Yield Management, Pricing or Reporting & Analysis
- Experience with management reporting and/or financial planning/modeling (e.g., sales analytics, performance metrics, KPIs, forecasting, business planning).
- Two or more years of experience using Microsoft Excel, demonstrating advanced knowledge of Excel such as VBA, PowerPivot, Advanced Formulas
- Experience with OLAP, MicroStrategy, Dashboards, Tableau
- Experience with data mining or trouble shooting applications
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for howyou do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put ourcustomers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of ourgame-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and beingopen to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working thatbrings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joininghuddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to dobetter for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and ourcommunities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer