Comcast Enterprise Systems Engineer in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Enterprise Systems Engineer
- Responsible for coordinating the operation of complex data base files in a MS SQL Server environment
- Proficiency in Windows server environments, IIS optimization, and job automation
- Experience with Linux and Powershell scripting
- Experience in a Dev Ops environment is a plus
- Performs all aspects of database administration including: scheduling work, training staff, hardware and software evaluation and installation, logical and physical database design and implementation, structured testing of database designs, security administration, backup and recovery planning, performance and tuning, research and evaluation of new tools and techniques, and development of policies, standards, and procedures.
- Works closely with the development and testing teams and supports the activities of principle engineers, developers and software testers for new application deployment and sustained engineering of existing applications.
- Participates with the implementation and support of development systems, QA systems, and production systems at data centers, including all network and systems related infrastructure components.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.
- May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- SharePoint experience is a plus
- Maintains hardware platforms to perform at optimum response; maintains capacity planning and implements new databases due to conversions.
- Oversees the design/tune, and maintains and supports database systems for high available, high-volume internet applications.
- Manages and tests backup and recovery plans and improves disaster recovery plans.
- Develops and implements plans to oversee the database administration function and ensures smooth transition to new technology.
- Provides recommendations on database technologies and features.
- Communicates and understands impact of database changes and status to affected parties and designs appropriate solutions. Provides updates in database technologies and trends.
- Develops database technology standards and associated documentation.
- Works with the network and security teams to ensure database adherence to security standards.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Information Sciences, Technology, Computer Science
- Generally requires 7-11 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer