Comcast Mgr I,Software Development & Engineering in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
Responsible for leading a team of Software Development / Software Test Automation Engineers in the planning and designing of software solutions/tools to implement CICD frameworks, Automated Deployments, Test Automation frameworks and Scripts. Manages projects from design to testing, including new programs, enhancements and modifications. Collaborates with Quality Assurance team to conduct testing. Contributes to functional strategy development. Has a greater degree of impact on business results, and typically manages one or more groups of professional employees. Provides subject matter guidance to employees as required. Develops processes and procedures to drive department efficiencies and assists in the development and meeting of departmental budget.
- Oversees the planning and designing of software solutions/tools to implement CICD frameworks, Automated Deployment Solutions, Test Automation Frameworks and Scripts.
- Oversees the day to day operations of the team.
- Provides guidance to Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements. Serves as primary point of contact and liaison between the team and other teams.
- Organizes software update process for existing applications and coordinates the roll-out of software releases.
- Manages all the deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines, specifications, and budgets. Implements performance metrics and prepares periodic reports. Monitors and tracks project progress and reports findings to leadership team.
- Ensures all engineers keep current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products.
- Develops proposals, hardware/software changes and other capital expenditure projects.
- Manages professional and non-exempt employees, conducting work performance reviews and ensures work performance is adhering to Company standards. Mentors, trains and develops staff.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experientially proven in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- 10 years' experience in Software Development
- 2 years' experience as a Software Development Manager/Lead.
- 7 years' experience as a Software Developer
- Experience with Dev Ops/Agile development methodologies including SAFE, SCRUM
- Experience in implementing TDD, CICD, Automated Deployments and Test Automation Frameworks
- Internally motivated, able to motivate the team to perform to their maximum potential
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
Additional Core Competency Requirements:
- Expertise in Java/C or other OO languages; Strong understanding of object oriented programming, SOA
- Experience in technologies and tools like Jenkins, Kafka, Git, Spock, Groovy
- Experience with JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects
- Experience in designing and building advanced automated build, test and release infrastructure
- Experience in Unix and/or Linux; Unix tools and basic Unix scripting languages
- Experience in designing API
- Experience with web service standards (REST, SOAP)
- Experience in PowerShell scripting skills
- Knowledgeable in Hadoop/Big Data technologies
- Strong Triage skills
- Experience with database development including relational database design, SQL technologies
- Experience on any third party deployment tools
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer