Comcast Security and Safety Specialist in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Comcast Spotlight, the advertising sales division of Comcast Cable, helps put the power of cable to use for local, regional and national advertisers. It is focused on providing multi-platform marketing solutions to reach audiences most effectively and efficiently. Headquartered in New York with offices throughout the country, Comcast Spotlight has a presence in nearly 80 markets with approximately 35 million owned and represented subscribers.
Comcast Spotlight offers clients easy-to-buy, easy-to-execute options customized around their business goals. We work with clients to provide them with customized, multi-screen media marketing solutions that utilize our suite of products in the way that's best suited to meet their objectives. Our media solutions provide advertisers with the ability to reach, engage and connect with their customers viewing content on any device or screen.
*NOTE-This role can be based in any of the following locations: Wayne, PA, Englewood, CO, Alpharetta, GA, Bingham Farms, MI
Responsible for management and administration of the Workplace Safety department. Develops and directs the implementation of safety programs to assure management takes the actions needed to raise employee awareness of risks and to reduce, avoid, and protect employees from hazards in the workplace, including occupational illness or disease. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Investigates accidents and analyzes accident data to evaluate the effectiveness of accident prevention and loss control programs. Compiles and presents statistics for internal use and external groups.
- Prepares materials for, and conducts, safety meetings for employees and work groups. Provides guidance to safety committees on improving the effectiveness of safety processes.
- Recommends necessary changes to safety processes, including safety rules, practices, training and personal protective equipment programs.
- Reviews and selects safety equipment to maintain and improve the Company's safety equipment standards program. Works with employees and supervisors to ensure standard tools and equipment minimize risks to employee health and safety.
- Researches federal, state, and local standards and regulations. Acts in an advisory capacity to the organization on regulatory compliance matters.
- Prepares material for use in safety training programs.
- Maintains databases for material safety data sheets.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer