Comcast Technical Business Analyst 3 in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Spotlight Platform Engineering Group helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages the operations for Comcast's industry-leading video, high-speed Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs a network that supports numerous multi-billion dollar businesses. Comcast is creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising market. We enable and innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels.
Responsible for formulating and defining systems and objectives through research and analysis of functional/business needs of applicable provisioning and support systems. Participates in software/hardware releases, installation tasks, and supports implementation planning and other operational preparations. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex systems problems. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation as necessary. Works with Software Developers to support design and development as required.
- Prepares detailed functional and technical specifications from which programs will be written.
- Interacts with end users to gather requirements and scope of effort. Performs analysis of user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Identifies and assesses probable interactions of related systems and predicts impact of a change in assigned system.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of system interaction to ensure success in overall architectural solution.
- Functions as a liaison between the client, community, and internal Software Engineers and/or external software vendors to develop system solutions to processing systems or business problems.
- Ensures data quality and integrity across data-specific application implementations.
- Supports the testing team and business users in validating that the programs meet the requirements. Participates in unit, integration, and test procedures. Compares test results against requirements to validate that coding is accurate.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent in Information Sciences, Technology
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Solid understanding of raw data and develops insights for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Utilizes analytical skills to perform exploratory analysis, deep dive outlier analysis and anomaly detection.
- Ability to perform data validation and monitoring.
- Ability to work closely with teams to identify, document, design and develop reports and data needs.
- Experience working with Big Data/Hadoop
- Strong ability to adapt information found through analysis of data to various target audience groups, from High Level Leadership to Front Line Employees.
- Ability to effectively build rapport with several cross functional groups within the organization.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing standard data analysis tools and processes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses good listening skills.
- Knowledge of general business operations
- Self-Motivated with the ability to work with limited supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft office Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, Outlook
- Creative and Innovative
- Strong demonstration of confidentiality.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer