HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Medical Surgical in Weatherford, Texas
Director of Medical Surgical / Med / Surg Medical City Weatherford
The Nurse Director is the designated leader for a specific nursing unit. He/She is responsible for the patient population and assigned staff. The Nurse Director plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and evaluates the unit activities. He/She provides direction, support and guidance to the staff and aids in their development. The Nurse Director has twenty-four hour accountability. * Demonstrates responsible decision making in planning, providing, and delegating care based on assessment * Communicates effectively. Establishes and maintains two way communication with peers, staff, physicians and administration * Follows through on problems that may compromise patient care by using the appropriate chain of command * Communicates appropriate information to charge nurse/supervisor/manager in a timely manner * Effectively plans interventions, evaluates response and reassesses plan of care. Documents response on the care plan * Accurately collects improvement performance data as directed * Actively participates in the development and implementation of process improvements Medical City Weatherford Medical City Weatherford is a 103-bed, all private room hospital that includes a network of medical clinics serving Parker County. The dedicated and experienced medical staff represents more than 31 medical specialties. Medical City Weatherford’s comprehensive health care services encompass inpatient and outpatient care, and medical, surgical and emergency care, to name a few. The hospital has received numerous awards and recognition, including Press Ganey Summit Award, The Joint Commission’s Top Performer in Key Quality Measures and The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval.
* Graduate of a school of Professional Nursing.
* Four years experience as staff nurse/critical care nurse.
* Minimum two years supervisory/charge nurse experience.
* Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, experience in quality improvement, self directed, excellent time management and problem solving skills. Licenses/Certificates:
* Current Registered Nurse license with the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners. * Current American Heart Association BCLS at time of hire or within one week of employment. * Current ACLS at time of hire or within 90 days.
* Current NHISS and Crisis Prevention Intervention certification or within first 90 days of hire.
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director of Medical Surgical
Location: Texas-Weatherford-Medical City Weatherford
Requisition ID: 26935-106674