HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Chest Pain Coordinator - Quality in Webster, Texas
_Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX_ An HCA Affiliated Hospital
_Chest Pain Coordinator (RN) - Quality._
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include: • Breast Diagnostic Center • Cancer care • Diabetes management • Level III emergency department • ACR-accredited imaging center • One-on-one therapy • Neuroscience and neurology • Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery • Wound treatment center • Women’s and Children’s Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties – more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Centeris looking for a*Chest Pain Coordinator (RN) - Quality.
TheChest Pain Coordinatoris responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, and maintenance of a comprehensive Chest Pain program that complies with national standards for quality of care for Chest Pain patients as dictated by the American Heart Association, American College of Cardiology, Society of Chest Pain Centers and governmental regulation for Medicare compliance.
- Educate nursing and ancillary staff on the best practices of ACS (Acute Coronary Syndrome) and AMI (Acute Myocardial Infarction) patients. Develops and supports education to meet all requirements of Chest Pain Accreditation.
- Develops and recommends protocol and guidelines for best practice treatment of cardiac patients across the continuum of care.
- Oversees, analyzes, and trends data related to throughput of cardiac patients and provides data to the VP Quality and/or other applicable hospital leadership to initiate changes as appropriate and improve processes and outcomes.
- Work in a collegial manner with medical staff to assure continuity of care in cardiac patients and quality outcomes.
- Works closely with Emergency Medical Services to assure optimal continuity of care from pre-hospital to hospital.
- Works closely with Quality Department to assure metrics are in place to show continuous improvement in the care of the ACS patients and for CMS data reporting, as well as other registry data.
- Act as an internal hospital resource and externally in the community regarding education of the ACS patient.
- Participates in identifying needs, planning and implementing educational programs within specialty areas for patients, families, community groups, and other designated healthcare facilities.
- Represents the hospital at local, regional, or other applicable levels related to best practices for ACS patients.
- Assures compliance with all TJC and other applicable regulatory agency guidelines.
- Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships, and team building skills.
- Assumes a leadership role in monthly Chest Pain committee meetings.
- Other duties as assigned within scope and practice of licensure.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited school of Nursing required
- Current BCLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
- Ability to collect, interpret, and analyze data
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Office
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills for process improvement and decision making.
- All required education elements for facility programs and certifications.
Job: *Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Title: Chest Pain Coordinator - Quality
Location: Texas-Webster-Clear Lake Regional Medical Center- Webster
Requisition ID: 01533-96187