HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Multimodality Radiology Technician in Webster, Texas
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX
Multi- Modality Radiology Tech- Radiology
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center , where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include : * Breast Diagnostic Center * Cancer care * Diabetes management * Level II emergency department * ACR-accredited imaging center * One-on-one therapy * Neuroscience and neurology * Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery * Wound treatment center * Women’s and Children’s Center Clear Lake Regional Medical Center , a/ Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities/, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties – more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region. Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is looking for a Multi- Modality Radiology Tech- Radiology
To maintain an efficient, safe and pleasant work environment. To assist the Director, Medical Director and Physicist in directing aspects of care provided by the medical imaging department including but limited to operating radiologic equipment to produce radiographs (x-rays) of body for diagnostic purposes, (excluding Flourscopy, portables and special procedures) as directed by Radiologist.
- Assists the physician in diagnostic procedures.
- Assists with transporting patients to and from their rooms when patient is an inpatient.
- Meet 80% TAT goals.
- Expectations Ethics and Compliance: All employees will be held accountable for behaviors displayed relative to the values articulated in the Mission and Values Statement. “Will act with absolute honest, integrity and fairness in the way we conduct our business and the way we live our lives.” All employees will be held accountable for attending training regarding the Code of Conduct program at least annually.
- Explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
- Monitors the equipment for mechanical safety.
- Moves x-ray equipment into specified position and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors such as time and distance.
- Must practice AIDET daily.
- Operates mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient's bedside.
- Participates in the monitoring and evaluation of patient care and recommends areas for improvement.
- Performs fluoroscropic procedures in the department and operating room.
- Positions patient on examining table and adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by Physician.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Successfully completes competency test annually.
The Radiographer collaborates with physicians, physicists, nursing units, radiation oncology and other clinical disciplines in making decisions regarding each patient's needs for care.
License / Certifications / Requirements
Current ARRT licensure and medical imaging license in the State of Texas. (ARRT) (TDH) Current BLS required
ARRT CT registry required by November 1, 2011
Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
Prefer one (1) year working experience in a hospital Imaging Department.
- Proficient in Fluoro, surgery, and portables.
Title: Multimodality Radiology Technician
Location: Texas-Webster-Clear Lake Regional Medical Center- Webster
Requisition ID: 01533-97634