Hilton Asst. Manager, Human Resources & Training in Weerawila, Sri Lanka
Assistant Manager, Human Resources & Training is responsible for providing first-class employee relations services and training, to the hotel to deliver an excellent team member experience while leading the overall Human Resources strategy and managing succession planning.
What will I be doing?
You are responsible for providing first-class employee relation services and training to the hotel to deliver an excellent staff experience. You will also be required to manage succession planning and assist the HR Director with strategy. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Provide and deliver first-class employee relation services to the hotel
- Assist Human Resources Director with Human Resources strategy
- Manage training and development functions
- Ensure succession planning with senior managers during the bi-annual appraisal process
- Manage employee relations issues in the hotel in a confidential manner, including disciplinaries, grievances, and capability
- Support managers to ensure success of their teams
- Ensure recruitment and selection process is adhered to and ensure that appropriate immigration checks are carried out
- Ensure completion of management reports for head office and region
- Control costs when possible and assist in meeting hotel/departmental financial targets
- Ensure pay reviews/absence monitoring/wage queries are managed in line with company guidelines
- Ensure completion of training for hotel security, fire regulations and other health and safety legislation
- Work with local organisations and schools to promote the hospitality industry
- Assist and resolve team member and management queries
- Oversee team facilities and ensure that team members are provided with a cohesive environment for them to thrive.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Manager, Human Resources & Training serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A Degree/Diploma in Human Resources/ Hospitality from a recognized Institute/ University.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position, preferably in a star class property. Having worked in a resort would be advantageous.
- Good communication and people skills
- Excellent judgment skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service, both internally and externally
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of hospitality
- IT proficiency
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Human Resources
Title: Asst. Manager, Human Resources & Training
Requisition ID: HOT04DAP