Comcast Architect 5, Software Architecture in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Comcast's Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
Responsible for planning, designing, building, monitoring, and supporting new and existing software and web applications in the Payment industry. This is an IT leadership role within a team of Software Development Engineers in a Global DevOps environment. This includes the prioritization, planning, designing, development, testing, deployment and support of software and web applications in a 24x7x365 environment. This position requires strong engineering, operations and quality disciplines while working in an agile environment. The best candidate is someone who excels in big picture' thinking while also being able to work in the details. They understand what's required to solve a problem in a variety of dimensions. Collaborates closely with business partners and other IT teams to understand the project requests, discussing scope and budget, while working towards agreements on timelines.
Responsible for promoting the use of industry and Company technology standards. Monitors emerging technologies/technology practices for potential use within the Company. Designs and develops updated infrastructure in support of one or more business processes. Helps to ensure a balance between tactical and strategic technology solutions. Considers business problems end-to-end: including people, process, and technology, both within and outside the enterprise, as part of any design solution. Mentors, reviews codes and verifies that the object oriented design best practices and that coding and architectural guidelines are adhered to. Identifies and drives issues through closure.
This person will provide guidance, mentoring and support to other Architects, Engineers and team members to drive the team to continuous improvement. It is imperative to integrate knowledge of business and functional priorities with technology strategies. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. Expected to lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
Key technical skills required are: Java, SQL, Oracle, Golden Gate, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AppDynamics, Kibana, GoCD, Ansible.
- Ensures programs are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented across the enterprise to meet business needs. Interfaces with the enterprise architecture team and other functional areas to ensure that most efficient solution is designed to meet the business need.
- Ensures solutions are well engineered, operable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule. Develops, documents, and ensures compliance with best practices including but not limited to the following coding standards, object oriented design, platform and functional resiliency.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify and track product and technical requirements. Performs analysis to determine architecture and integration needs. Develops, presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Must be a strong team player, an excellent communicator, and possess and display a positive attitude.
- Become an integral player in the team transformation as we grow the team's responsibilities while continuing the migration to a Global DevOps environment.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development, and enhances current applications. Develops software update processes for existing applications. Assists in the roll-out and monitoring of software releases.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology and information that will positively affect organizational projects; applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems architecture. Mentors team members in relevant technologies.
- Contributes to the overall system implementation strategy for the enterprise and participates in appropriate forums, meetings, presentations etc. to meet goals.
- Assists with technical leadership throughout the design process and assists in guidance with regards to disciplines, best practices, procedures, and techniques.
- Oversees the researching, writing, and editing of documentation and technical requirements, including sequence diagrams, software designs, demos, acceptance criteria, test results, technical manuals, monitoring plans, support strategies, and any retrospective recommendations.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating key performance metrics (e.g. Availability, Response Times, and Mean Time to Repair).
- Acts as architectural lead on project. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification, and within budget.
- Ensures our Quality Assurance processes determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements. Tests and evaluates systems, subsystems, and components.
- Applies new and innovative ideas to old or new problems. Fosters environments that encourages innovation. Contributes to and supports effort to further build intellectual property via patents.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and/or customers.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Field of Study
- Computer Science, Engineering
Years of Experience
- Generally requires 11 years related experience
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer