HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director - Safety/Security in West Hills, California
_West Hills Hospital_
West Hills Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service acute care facility located in West Hills, CA, in the Western San Fernando Valley. The 225-bed facility recently completed an $80-million expansion that includes a new Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, Outpatient Services Unit, Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory, and The Grossman Burn Center. Healthgrades (a leading independent health care rating company) announced that West Hills Hospital has received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence for 2011 & 2012, the Clinical Excellence Award for Critical Care for 2012. West Hills Hospital is also among the Top 100 Hospitals nationwide for Gastrointestinal and General Surgery. West Hills Hospital was the first Accredited Chest Pain Center in Los Angeles County, and also recently received a Certificate of Distinction as a Primary Stroke Center from the Joint Commission.
*Summary: *The Director of Environmental Health & Safety is responsible for leading staff and patient safety, environmental health safety, and emergency preparedness across all campuses and locations of West Hills Hospital and Medical Center. Leadsthe process of continuous regulatory and accreditation compliance for Life Safety and Environment of Care. Responsible for leading the development, implementation, and monitoring of a comprehensive safety management program for the organization. Functions as the liaison with management and staff in the operation of the various environmental health compliance and safety program components. Keeps abreast of and ensures compliance with relevant federal, state and local statutes, regulations and reporting requirements. Develops and administers safety education program for medical center staff. Responsible for organizational compliance with federal and state regulatory standards related to patient and staff safety. Assists in the administration of the HCA Healthy Work Environment program and collaborates in the employee health and occupational safety program and loss prevention. Continually improves processes and services throughout the organization that impact environmental health and safety, emergency preparedness and associated regulatory compliance programs.
*Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: *Knowledge of OSHA and other environmental health and safety-related laws and regulations.
· State licensure and CMS Conditions of Participation survey process and regulatory compliance
· Experience in group facilitation and processes
· Knowledge of current safety and risk management practices, loss control, claim management and federal and state regulatory compliance standards.__
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize and respond effectively and appropriately to situations involving risk or unsafe conditions or concerns.__
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
· Demonstrated ability to write policies and procedures.
· Demonstrated ability to lead committees and groups effectively so as to achieve team and organizational goals.
· Ability to work independently with demonstrated use of initiative.
· Maintains confidentiality; anticipates results of actions; follows up on actions.
· Ability to exercise good judgment and tact in providing guidance and assistance to internal and external customers. · Knowledge and familiarity with Human Resources and hospital policies and procedures. · Ability to analyze, assemble, prepare and present data at all levels throughout the organization
· Must have computer experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point Presentations).
*Education/Certificates/Licenses: *Seven or more years direct position related experience in healthcare required. Master’s degree required in business, health administration, or other applicable field. Minimum of four years of experience in Safety and/or loss control or training preferred. Certified Safety Professional or certified Industrial Hygiene certificate preferred. Excellent computer skills to include Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Visio required. Tracking software database experience preferred. Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (ASHE Certification), Other certification in safety professions
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Director - Safety/Security
Location: California-West Hills-West Hills Hospital and Medical Center
Requisition ID: 01554-4151