HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Associate Chief Medical Officer (ACMO) - JFK Medical Center North Campus in West Palm Beach, Florida
Considered candidates MUST be geographically mobile and able to relocate after 18-24 months to a full-time CMO position.
JFK Medical Center – North Campus West Palm Beach, FL 33407
Size of Hospital:245-beds
JFK Medical Center North Campus, located in the heart of West Palm Beach, is a 245-bed acute care facility that employs more than 650 full and part-time employees and has over 1,200 Board Eligible/Board Certified Physicians, PA’s, ARNP’s & CRNA’s as a combined campus.
The hospital campus includes an adjoining 88-bed psychiatric unit which offers special programs for children ages 12 years and under, adolescents 13-17 years, adults, and a specialized geriatric psychiatric program which addresses the unique needs of the older adult. Outpatient behavioral health services include an Adult Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), Intensive Outpatient Program foradults (IOP) and for youth (AIOP).
Additional services at JFK North Campus include: a 24-hour Emergency Department, Critical Care Unit, Comprehensive Diagnostic Imaging, Interventional Radiology, Outpatient Rehabilitation, Vascular Care, Wound Management, a Pain Management Center, Primary Certified Stroke Center, Breast Institute, Orthopedic and Spine Institute. JFK Medical Center North Campus is dedicated to serving our community by offering free physician lectures throughout the year. Learn more about becoming a part of the JFK Medical Center North Campus team.
JFK North Campus is accredited by the Joint Commission and the Healthcare Facilities Accreditation Program (HFAP), which are both authorized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to survey hospitals for compliance with CMS standards. JKF North Campus is part of a two-hospital system with JFK Medical Center located 15 miles south of the campus.
The Associate Chief Medical Officer reports directly to the CMO. In association with the CMO, the ACMO is accountable for the direction, planning and coordination of al l physician related activities to ensure the highest appropriate level of medical care is provided by the medical staff. This includes: establishing and implementing standards of medical service; developing and implementing programs for patient care, education and research; developing physician relationships; providing professional support to the Medical Staff Executive Committee and the chairpersons of departments and sections of the medical staff; reviewing and measuring patient care effectiveness; and leading improvement activities. The Associate Chief Medical Officer shall be appointed by the Chief Executive Officer from candidate recommendations of the Medical Staff Executive Committee and Chief Medical Officer.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
Demonstrates the ability to adapt technique/treatment to age of population served, including newborn, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients, while providing care/service with respect to cultural differences and spiritual needs.
All duties are assigned by the CMO – and are not limited to but may include the following:
- Medical Staff Office
- Medical Education — GME & CME
- Physician Clinics
- Contracted medical directors in coordination with administrative line officers (e.g. other CMOs)
- Quality/Risk Management
Hospitalists / Intensivists (Surgical and Pediatric)
- Assists in development of annual capital and operating budgets for functional areas for which the position has responsibility and monitors the performance of such areas in relation to approved budgets
- Serves as a member of the senior administrative leadership body of the Hospital (President ’s Council) providing periodic updates and an annual report on the overall state of the medical staff to Hospital executives and the Board of Trustees
- Serves, as needed or assigned, on various committees, task forces, or other advisory capacities where medico -administrative matters are involved
- Assists in the supervision of performance improvement activities and ensures the proper conduct of Quality Review of the medical staff, as outlined in the Medical Staff Bylaws; Reports concerns according to the Performance Improvement plan as determined by the Medical Executive Committee to the appropriate reporting agencies; Provides administrative
- communication and support for the officers of the medical staff, department chairmen, medical center staff, and assigned medical staff committees responsible for these hospital activities
- Actively participates in the development of the Hospital ’s strategic plan, business plan, needs analysis, physician manpower planning, and the implementation of new services to provide a continuum of services.
- Assists with the recruitment of well-qualified new medical staff members and oversees the orientation of new physicians and residents to the medical center
- Assists in the coordination of and ensures compliance of medical staff activity related to Medical Staff Bylaws, ethical compliance, corporate rules and regulations, and all external regulatory agencies including, but not limited to, Joint Commission, Federal and State mandates
- Develops and maintains programs designed to promote and sustain positive medical staff relations; included in this responsibility is the interpretation and dissemination of information related to changing federal regulations and how they affect the Hospital and medical staff
- Represent the ideas of the medical staff and administration, resulting in actions that benefit the long-term success of all; works as an agent of change as it relates to stronger and more trusting relations between medical staff and Hospital administration
- Assists in providing liaison between the medical staff and the administrative functions of the Hospital in assigned areas to build consensus on critical issues, provide an interface in the development of new medical/clinical programs sponsored by the Hospital, and represent to the executive management the inputs and points of view of the medical staff
- Serves as ex-officio member of the Medical Staff Executive Committee and provides appropriate communication and support
- Serves as the Hospital liaison in appropriate medical matters with the local medical community, organized medical societies, community organizations, and insurance companies
- Establishes and maintains relationships with professional and other health care organizations at the local, state and national levels to achieve the medical center ’s patient care, medical education and research objectives
- Maintains professional liaison with the medical staff and patient care services and various departments to ensure that patient care needs are effectively met
- Establishes and/or maintains an informal collegial relationship with medical directors of other area hospitals
- Frequently visit physicians in their offices, the Hospital and the physician lounge cmoleadership
Required Education or Experience:
- Current licensure as a physician in the state of Florida
- A Medical Degree and board certification in a specialty
- At least five to ten years of private practice experience
- Prior experience as a medical director
- Experience/education in utilizing negotiation, conflict resolution, and mediation to bring a medical staff with diverse interests into a reasonably cohesive group that can work effectively together
- Administrative background in an integrating healthcare system
- Experience in working with a medical staff with a diverse racial and ethnic make-up
- Successful experience in developing critical care pathways, case management, and clinical performance improvement processes
- Preferred Education or Experience
- A Master’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Management
- Primary care experience
- Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must be a member of the JFK Medical Staff
- Solid experience in medical management with knowledge/experience in healthcare finance, operations, legal/risk management, and marketing
- Hospitalist experience preferred
Title: Associate Chief Medical Officer (ACMO) - JFK Medical Center North Campus
Location: Florida-West Palm Beach-JFK Medical Center North Campus
Requisition ID: 01331-3707