Comcast Physical Security Specialist in West Palm Beach, Florida
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Responsible for the supervision of security guards within the Florida region. Protects the organization's employees, properties and all items of value on premises from any preventable harm or danger. Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of business support, technical or production staff who perform tasks in the same function. Sets priorities for the team. Assigns tasks and checks work at regular intervals. Generally reports to a Security Manager.
The Physical Security Specialist works under general direction and will assume primary responsibility for monitoring internal and external security events with potential impact to Sr. Leadership, staff, business assets, reputation, and/or facilities. This individual will utilize analytic and problem solving skills to resolve security and access control requirements for employees, contractors, and visitors throughout the Central Division. Physical Security Specialist will provide supervision over security contractors, liaison with the Security Operations Center (SOC), program oversight, process implementation and improvement, technical and project management, alarm monitoring, and critical incident response management.
The Physical Security Specialist serves as the hub for the monitoring, analysis, and interpretation of risks and threats that may affect the business and ensure all systems, both hardware and software, are functioning properly throughout the Florida region, and immediately notify appropriate stakeholders when they are not.
The Physical Security Specialistmust Identify and communicate daily all critical items requiring the attention of senior management and coordinate with the Security Director to provide necessary documentation in support of uniformed guard force activity (e.g., Officer Dispatch, Incident Reporting, etc.).
The Physical Security Specialistwill assist in the program development for scheduling the maintenance and troubleshooting of software systems with a focus on preventative maintenance and early detection of potential issues andassist in identifying new technologies and upgrades for existing systems.
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how
you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our
customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,
and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our
game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being
open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that
brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do
better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our
- Responds to all physical security related issues and other critical situations.
- Instructs security officers to appropriate responses to incidents or unusual events.
- Maintains department budget and writes daily security reports.
- Assists the manager in the development and implementation of the access and perimeter control operational procedures, conveying and verifying security requirements. Duties will include oversight of the Florida region's access control and badge administration program to include: access badge issuance and revocation, assigning access control permissions including badge activations and deactivations, coordination with regional zone owners during the quarterly review process, production of access control reports to support ongoing investigations and working with senior Division security leadership toward the consolidation of the badge administration process with the Central Division Security Operations Center.
- Assists in overseeing the daily operation of a guard force to include scheduling, training and is the primary contact for facility security related issues.
- Ensures guards do rounds and inspections of the building.
- Assists the Security Manager and Director with special projects.
- Works flexible hours and is available on call 24/7 as situations warrant.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ensures maximum value is being provided to the business by performing effective monitoring, analysis, strategic planning, and working closely with senior management.
- Works with the SOC to help creates and monitor standardized security processes to ensure applicable SOC programs and initiatives are being conducted in a consistent manner throughout the Central Division (i.e., Security Operations Center, Security Officer Post Orders, Training and Evaluation Programs)
- Provides timely communications and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets/intellectual property, and infrastructure of center and related interests/entities.
- Provides support to Division Security personnel and security contractors at all assigned locations, builds and maintains strategic partnerships with Law Enforcement Officials, Emergency Response Agencies, Security Vendors and Suppliers, Professional Security Organization Contacts, etc.
- Provides technical investigative support (e.g. CCTV, I.D.S. P.A.C.S. etc.) to Division Security personnel with investigative requests on alleged suspected violations of policies, laws and regulations concerning criminal and general investigations, fraud, and computer crimes.
- Prepares clear, comprehensive and cohesive reports and statistical data in a timely manner.
- Evaluates the latest products and techniques in communications and other technical equipment utilized
- Demonstrate analytical and critical thinking skills along with the ability to prioritize workload based on urgency; ability to delegate tasks, and communicate to a range of audiences including to executive management, IT professionals, and contract security personnel.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Law Enforcement desired
- CPP Desired
- PSP Preferred
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
- Excellent knowledge of access control, video management, and intrusion detection systems
- Experience with Avigilon Systems Security Products
- Experience with Honeywell Security Products
- Experience with Quantum Secure Security Products
- Experience with AMAG Security Products
- Experience with Panasonic Security Products- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office- Proficient mass notification knowledge- Project management and attention to detail- Strong customer service, communications, active listening skills- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately- Ability to work in stressful situations- Experience with workflow management tools- Strong diplomacy skills and sensitivity protocol- Effective oral and written communication skills- Attention to detail
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer